Hurricaning

by Jillian on October 29, 2012 · 7 comments

Well, Sandy is in full force as I’m writing this post and I have a feeling the power is going to go out in the middle of me writing it. All I can hear is wind, the sounds of things hitting the side of the house, and sirens.

Yesterday, I made sure to stock up on some essentials like bananas and peanut butter. Oh, and water. I also stopped for gas, at which point there was no regular gas left so I had to buy “super”, whatever that means. My car didn’t grow wings so I’m definitely sure that it wasn’t worth the $3.99 per gallon, but what are you going to do?

Joe and I took a ride through Hoboken today to see if it was worth it for him to open the restaurant, but sure enough, most of the town looked like this.

Instead, we just stopped in, put some of the food on ice, and grabbed some for ourselves! On the way home we stopped for more essentials.

IMG_2054

(cc: Janetha)

IMG_2056

Cold cuts, cheese, sweets, and alcohol.

IMG_2055

We’re pretty simple. This will get us through two days in the storm. Or maybe it won’t.

Good thing we had some steaks in the freezer.

IMG_2057

Now, all we can do is sit and wait….

Although going to the gym is not an option – I can still participate in TIna’s plank challenge!

plank

I truly hope all of you that are being affected by Sandy as well are inside and safe! Let’s hope this isn’t as bad as they’ve predicted.

1 Heidi @ Idlehide October 29, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Hope you guys are staying safe, I’ve been catching some of the news from NY/NJ area. Looks like you have some pretty good snacks though:)

2 Lauren October 29, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Stay safe love! I too stocked up on the essentials, wine and ice cream. Obviously one can survive off of these things. :)

3 Marilyn October 29, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Be careful and stay safe. Eat and drink to pass the time until the storm passes!

4 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal October 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Stay safe! Hope the storm ends quickly, there’s already been so much damage done :(

5 Bridgette October 29, 2012 at 10:31 pm

I came on to leave a comment for you on your last post thinking there was no way you’d have posted today so imagine my surprise you had! I’m hoping you guys are safe and dry and not getting slammed too hard.

Bridgette

6 Alysha @Shesontherun October 30, 2012 at 11:33 am

I hope you guys are still safe! We’re supposed to feel the winds of Sandy here in Milwaukee, but thankfully that’s it.

I did my own plank challenge at the gym and I can hold it for 1:34. I think I could have gone a bit longer but my bf was staring at me. ANNOYING!

7 Renee January 9, 2013 at 11:30 am

Hope all is well! I check in periodically hoping for a post.