The Shore Store

by Jillian on October 24, 2012 · 15 comments

This morning I was writing October 22nd on everything and here it is October 24th. I am in total denial of how fast this year has flown by!

Yesterday, I did a total upper body workout including arms and followed it with a semi-long plank.

plank

Earlier in the day, I read Tina’s plank challenge idea so I decided to actually time it for once. I, too, was surprised and thought that I would hit at least 3 minutes, being that I have before. Plus, lately I’ve been focusing on more isometric core exercises. This totally swayed me to take part in the plank challenge.

I was actually waiting for her to post it today, but I had already finished my workout so I am planning on giving it a whirl tomorrow! I did, however, run about 3 miles. I kept a moderate to low pace. I think I am just scared about my knee pain coming back so I am trying to take it easy.

treadmill

After 3 clients and a workout, we had our weekly meeting at work. The only thing we really got accomplished was choosing our Jersey Shore nicknames for Halloween. Yes, the gym is going to be “The Shore Store” for the day.

shorestore

Can I admit something to you? I’ve never watched Jersey Shore. I’ve definitely seen snippets but never sat through an entire episode. I imagine it to be somewhat painful.

Anyway, I’m going along with it and it’s going to be hilarious and piss people off all at the same time being that the club is located in New Jersey. That and the fact that I’m going to be training my clients in a shirt that says “The Tight End”.

**************

Roasting chickpeas was on the agenda as soon as I got home, along with laundry and cleaning the bathroom, which was a lot less fun. I recently saw Jess’s post about how she roasts chickpeas and wondered why I never attempted this easy snack.

roasted_chickpeas

I used my staple spices.

saltpepperpaprika

Baked sweet  potatoes are so much better than microwaved sweet potatoes! When I have the time, I prefer it because the consistency is so much better and the skin is easier to eat. Sometimes though, you just need to microwave. Fortunately, tonight I had patience. I topped it with fat free Chobani greek yogurt.

IMG_2043

Apparently I’m on a paprika kick.

IMG_2042

On the side, I made a baby spinach salad with raspberries, feta cheese, and some of the roasted chickpeas for crunch.

I am just finishing up some client programming before hopping into bed for the Wednesday shows = Modern Family!

• What are you being for Halloween?
  • What’s your favorite way to cook sweet potatoes?

1 Lauren October 24, 2012 at 7:57 pm

We did Jersey Shore for Halloween at work 2 years ago. Oh boy was that fun! :)

And your sweet potato has be suddenly CRAVING one.

Hope you’re having a good week love!

2 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill October 24, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I’ve never watched Jersey Shore, either. I can’t stand everything surrounding that show!

3 Marilyn October 24, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I have never watched Jersey Shore, either, and don’t think I ever will.

That salad looks really good. I wish I could develop a love for sweet potatoes. Have to give them a try again.

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 24, 2012 at 10:31 pm

Consider yourself lucky that you’ve never seen the Jersey Shore. In fact, I’m a bit jealous. Thankfully I don’t think I’ve seen ANY bit since the first season and I fully intend on keeping it that way. ;)

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 24, 2012 at 10:50 pm

I love roasting sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, pepper, chile powder and cumin. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll just pierce with a fork and throw it in the microwave for a few minutes. Really, you just can’t go wrong with sweet potatoes, no matter how you cook them. :-)

6 Jillian October 25, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Amen sister!

7 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 25, 2012 at 12:05 am

I’ve never watched a full episode of Jersey Shore either! Despite all of the pop culture references, the interest has just never been there…I guess grease-bomb hair and big boobs just don’t do it for me. ;-p
Make sure to take a pic of your costume though! Can’t wait to see it!

I rarely take the time to cook my sweet potatoes in the oven, but you’re right–they’re SO much better! Almost everything made in the oven is though, right?

Hope you’re having a lovely week! xoxo

8 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 25, 2012 at 1:27 pm

That’s hilarious! I wish my gym did more things like that haha
Mmmm the roasted chickpeas look delicious!

9 Chels R. October 25, 2012 at 1:47 pm

I have never tried sweet taters with chobani…I will have to check that out!!!

10 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal October 25, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I love sweet potatoes, I recently cooked it in the microwave and then on a pan with onions and eggs and it was DELICIOUS — obsessed. Gotta get more asap.

Anyway, it’s probably good you haven’t watched Jersey shore. I’ve watched every season (shameful).. it’s SO stupid. But it’s hilarious at the same time. It’s just so dramatic – my life could never be anything close to how dramatic theirs is and I work in the nightlife scene! It’s just a funny watch.

11 Jillian October 25, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Yum – sweet potatoes with eggs sounds delicious!

12 Alysha @Shesontherun October 25, 2012 at 5:59 pm

A 2 minute plank is awesome. I’m at about a minute right now :)

I have a potato pouch to cook potatoes in the microwave. Google it!! It’s amazing!

13 Jillian October 25, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Oooh potato pouch! I’ll have to look that up!

14 Corrie Anne October 25, 2012 at 11:56 pm

Love sweet potatoes the most in fry form! I think my dogs might be the only ones dressing up for Halloween. :)

15 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner October 27, 2012 at 3:48 pm

Hehe. Blue’s Clues was always such a cute show. :)