Pumpkin Anything

by Jillian on October 16, 2012 · 16 comments

Typically, I’m a morning work-outer, but since my day normally starts pretty early at the gym, I’ve gotten into the habit of working out later or in between clients. Plus, the gym I work at is way nicer than the gym I’ve been going to for years, so I’d much rather enjoy my sweat session in a nice environment. However, today I woke up to an e-mail cancelling my first appointment, so I decided to hit the gym with Joe and get it out of the way.

I ran FOUR miles, which is the most I’ve ran since I had to stop training for the Newport Half. I felt pretty good aside from my calves being extremely tight.

************

I haven’t been able to get pumpkin oatmeal off of my mind, pumpkin anything really, so I just went with it.

IMG_2013

I mixed 1/4 cup oats with an unmeasured amount of almond milk, half a banana, flax meal, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, almond extract, protein powder and pumpkin puree which made for super creamy oatmeal. I found Trader Joe’s pumpkin butter from last year in my fridge. It smelled at tasted fine!? I mean, it’s sugar, honey, and basically a bunch of non-healthy preserved ingredients so I’m sure it’s fine, right? Peanut butter finished the masterpiece.

Now I am just enjoying some coffee while blogging and catching up on blogs (finally!).

IMG_2016

Check out that steam action. And yes, I fantasize everyday about Mexico when I look at my desktop.

I have a 2:00 and then nothing until 8:00, so I assume I’ll be hitting up Starbucks during my downtime. Always programming to do though, always.

Lata!

1 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table October 16, 2012 at 11:24 am

I have sweet potato butter, pumpkin butter, and a couple of others in my fridge that I KNOW have been there for more than a year… I think the sugar keeps them good. They still taste fine! :)

2 Jillian October 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm

That’s what I was thinking too, with all that sugar!

3 Alison October 16, 2012 at 11:28 am

That sounds like an excellent morning! You know what “butter” would be fantastic with the pumpkin oats? Speculoos spread (or cookie butter… it has various names). SOOOO delicious! I’m pretty addicted right now.

4 Jillian October 16, 2012 at 12:32 pm

I loooove speculoos butter. So bad but so good!

5 Marielle October 16, 2012 at 11:36 am

I’m obsessed with everything pumpkin, that looked amazing! Have a good one! :)

6 Alysha @Shesontherun October 16, 2012 at 11:45 am

I need to get some more running in too. After my half I kinda lost motivation :(

7 Jillian October 16, 2012 at 12:33 pm

OMG! I totally forgot – after my two month hiatus! I need to catch up. Did you do a recap of your half???

8 Alysha @Shesontherun October 16, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Yes! I beat my goal of 2 hours, which I was thrilled about. I was sick all that week so I was really nervous! Here’s the post if you want to check it out :)

9 Suzanne @ Fit MInded Mom October 16, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Four miles is pretty darn good for taking a couple months break. I hate when things interfere with running goals. I am supposed to run a 5K on Saturday but I have been super sick for days now and don’t feel it letting up anytime soon.

10 Marilyn October 16, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I love anything pumpkin, too.

11 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal October 16, 2012 at 1:26 pm

I just bought pumpkin butter from TJ’s yesterday I didn’t know they had it last year too. Ha, man… I didn’t realize it would stay good for a WHOLE year… It does have a large amount of sugar in it though so that might be why. Oh well.

12 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles October 16, 2012 at 6:41 pm

I think pumpkin butter definitely goes on the list of food that never goes bad…up there will ketchup and anything pickled :-p

13 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 16, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I like the old school keyboard under the desk.. ;)

And yes, pumpkin anything PLEASE! :)

14 Jillian October 18, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Haha I forgot to comment about that on my post. We have a clear desktop so you can see the keyboard to Joe’s computer every time I take a picture. Bahhh!!

15 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 17, 2012 at 11:12 pm

Mmm…your pumpkin oats look uh-maaazing! I’m not even an oats person! Add pumpkin to anything and I’ll dig in. :)

I have nearly the exact same photo on my desktop. It was taken the last time I was lying on the beach in Mexico. Self-inflicted torture! ;) xoxo

16 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner October 22, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I have been loving pumpkin recently too — especially at breakfast. I should really try the pumpkin + peanut butter combination tomorrow. OIAJ perhaps?! ;)