Life Happens

by Jillian on October 14, 2012 · 23 comments

Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It has been 2 months since my last blog post.

Where have I been? Well, life happens. My hiatus started while Joe and I were vacationing in Cabo, Mexico.

Cabo Wabo…. after shot face.

The second love of Joe’s life….

The ‘smallest bar in the world’…

After our return, I started at my new job almost immediately, while still working at the restaurant.

IMG_2665IMG_2703

This left me about 0 hours a week to dedicate to blogging, well, if I still wanted to have time for the other important things in life, like bachelorette parties. Smile

My best friend Claire’s bachelorette party was in Cape Cod for Labor Day weekend. We went out on a boat, went to Provincetown (such a cute town), and enjoyed the last weekend of summer.

IMG_2640IMG_2643

FYI – Claire is a pizzatarian. And who could have a bachelorette weekend without penis games?

The bachelorette was obviously followed by Claire and Tim’s beautiful barn wedding in upstate New York.

1109_10151231673210804_322530516_n

You can see Elliott’s (their Pomeranian a.k.a. first love of Claire’s life) tail, which is obviously what everyone is staring and smiling at in this picture.

They had a fun photo booth that everyone took advantage of.

The week prior was actually Joe’s friends wedding, which he was in too.

So we have both been busy, working, travelling, and enjoying life for the past 2 months.

This weekend, I came home to Pennsylvania to visit my Mom. I haven’t seen her since June and I can’t tell you how much I needed this! I always feel relaxed at home, which is probably why I was able to finally sit down and blog again. I mean, where do I start after 2 months of silence?

I’ve thought about Sprinkle Massacre a lot, but haven’t felt as sad as I thought about not blogging for two months. I am not going to stress myself out about posting or reading the 1000+ unread blog posts on my Google reader the way I used to.  I want to update and continue to share my life with you guys, but I will definitely be cutting back. I am type A and have the ability to let myself get consumed in things and forget about the more important things in life. I’ve realized that even with a change in lifestyle, I will probably never be able to keep up with my blog as much as I’d like, so I am accepting things as they are. I hope that I haven’t lost a lot of you in these past two months, but I also want to thank those of you who have commented or tweeted about me coming back. It truly is the one thing that made me not stop blogging completely!

You will be seeing a little more of me now, whether you like it or not! Winking smile

1 Emily October 14, 2012 at 1:07 pm

i am so glad you are back at it! My google reader was just not the same without you! However, I truly do admire and appreciate your ability to take a break when needed. I feel being able to step back from the blog and to let LIFE HAPPEN is one of the most important aspects of being a blogger, or at least of a blog that i truly enjoy reading. Giving ourselves those breaks (as I am a frequent breaker) gives our brains and passions for writing a refresher – a refresher that allows for more honest and geunine posts. Why blog when you don’t have the time to dedicate to make it a meaningful and worthwhile post … why blog when it is going to feel forced and a chore? I applaud you for doing what YOU NEEDED TO DO FOR YOUR BLOG AND YOUR LIFE. and quite honestly for not feeling guilty about it either. YOU GO GIRL!

2 Jillian October 15, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Thanks sooo much Emily! Your comment truly made me smile!!! :)

3 Lauren October 14, 2012 at 1:28 pm

It looks like life is happening beautifully! I know how you feel. We just got back from Mexico and I am still not ready to accept real life. Ugh, gotta get back in the swing of things. :) Glad you are well lady!

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More October 14, 2012 at 1:37 pm

There is NOTHING wrong with taking time to enjoy life! Do what makes you happy and write when it feels right to do so. Besides it looks like you’ve had an amazing 2 months and I know I wouldn’t want to stop the fun to sit down and write – it just wouldn’t be natural. Enjoy the wonderful things happening around you.

5 Lisa October 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm

I’m glad you had a fun time away! Sometimes we just need a real break, and it looks like it was a great time away for you to really enjoy life’s happenings.

6 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean October 14, 2012 at 4:44 pm

yay!!! missed you :)

7 Brittany - Life of a Bama Girl October 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Cabo looks gorgeous! Glad you are back!

8 Marilyn October 14, 2012 at 7:40 pm

So nice to see a post on Sprinkle Massacre. Missed you. Cabo looks wonderful!!

9 Suzanne @ Fit MInded Mom October 14, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Welcome back to the blogging world!! I missed your posts and look forward to seeing more of them….when you can of course!!

10 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige October 14, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I like it!!! Welcome back, girl :)

11 Katy October 14, 2012 at 10:48 pm

This goes without saying……YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish October 14, 2012 at 11:41 pm

I’ve missed you!!! And I’m so bummed that we weren’t able to connect when I was in the city a few weeks ago. Next time I come, I’ll give you advanced warning. Promise! <3

It looks like you and Joe had an amazing time in Cabo. Talk about PARADISE!! I've been to the Cabo Wabo bar…Crazy times. ;)

How is the new training gig going? Are you enjoying it? I'm still debating about whether or not to venture down that path (it definitely won't happen until I graduate), so if you have any insights, please let me know! Also, how is IIN coming along?

I'm so glad you were able to spend QT with your mom this weekend. Weekends with mom are always so good for the soul. I wish mine lived closer!

I know how you feel about blogging…I've had to cut back too, especially as things have gotten crazier with school. It's so easy to succumb to the pressure of making it though your Google reader, but I've come to the same realization you have—it's more important to live LIFE than it is to live in front of your screen.

Love you, girl! xoxo <3

13 Jillian October 15, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Thanks Sara! After coming back into the blog world (lol), I went to your blog on my reader to catch up! :)

IIN is good, but I am mainly focusing on getting my clients at the gym. I want to get my schedule set and then see what sort of free time i have.

Hopefully we get to meet up soon! It can’t hurt to take another NYC trip soon. :) The holidays are coming and it’s always a nice time to visit!

14 Bridgette October 14, 2012 at 11:55 pm

So glad to see a post from you. It looks like you’ve been really enjoying your life…Cabo looks beautiful! I, too, took a bit of a break from my blog (although I’ve never done as much with my blog as you have so I can’t really relate!) for about a month recently so I can relate to taking a little time off. Your readers will be here waiting for you if or when you decide to continue sharing what goes on in your life with us.

I hope things are going well with your new job and with IIN. I’m STILL going back and forth about registering with them. The ONLY thing holding me back is money. If I could come up with the extra $$ there wouldn’t even be a question.

Welcome back,
Bridgette

15 Jillian October 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Hi Bridgette! Thanks so much for the comment! I totally understand about IIN. Don’t rush, and be sure you want to do it. It is a lot of money!

16 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocoalte October 15, 2012 at 12:33 am

It looks like you had a wonderful vacation and post-vacation and its nice that you are back to posting a bit!

17 Patricia October 15, 2012 at 8:52 am

I was just thinking the other day that it has been a while since I read your blog…welcome back!

18 Rachel October 15, 2012 at 9:01 am

That looks amazing! What resort is that??

19 Jillian October 15, 2012 at 5:40 pm

Capella Pedregal. I highly recommend it! Beautiful!

20 Katie @ Livehalffull October 15, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I’m glad you’re back!

21 Alysha @Shesontherun October 15, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Welcome back! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous. You make we want to visit Mexico!

22 Caitlin October 16, 2012 at 7:44 pm

So glad you are back – I’ve missed you! :)

23 Dede October 20, 2012 at 9:30 pm