Not On Schedule

by Jillian on August 14, 2012 · 20 comments

Well it’s a good thing I don’t really have a blogging schedule, because that allows me to just go missing for 6 days. Right? Right. I’m not sure why, but I have just not been in a blogging mood, which is why I disappeared. It’s not that I haven’t had the time, I just haven’t had the words.

Maybe it’s the fact that I am having IT band issues and have stopped training for my half marathon for the time being.

I haven’t run in over a week. It bothered me a lot at first, but now I think I may just not be built to run for distance, especially after two hip surgeries.

Maybe it’s the fact that I’ve been enjoying summer and some delicious treats.

Okay, pumpkin is not summery. I know.

Or maybe, it’s the changes that have been going on. I went into the city yesterday for orientation for my new job. I always forget how much more you appreciate the city when you don’t work in it.

There’s just a lot on my mind, and as usual, I don’t know how to process all of it.

Aside from all of that nonsense, I’ve been keeping up with what you’d normally see on the blog.

Healthy eats and surprises from Chobani!

I think it’s a good time to take a break. I’m leaving for Mexico on Sunday and I sure won’t be posting (or have any guest posts) while I’m away. Maybe you’ll hear from me before I leave, maybe not. Either way, I hope you are spending your summer just how you’d planned.

1 CJ @ http://healthy-happy-whole.com August 14, 2012 at 3:19 pm

What an awesome Chobani package!!! I loved that they did the Olympics this year! two of my favorite things combined…winning!
I hope your knee feels better! and I hope you have a fabulous time in Mexico! nothing wrong with a little break now and then…thats what they call balance and i think you do an excellent job of showing that on your blog :-)

PS I feel like pumpkin is everywhere right now! EGGO even released pumpkin waffles!! Since when did it become fall?

2 Mollie August 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm

I love your blog and how real you are. I am having major knee issues and have basically been forced to stop my typically running routine this summer. I love your attitude about the IT band-I need to adopt a more realistic and positive attitude and focus on workouts my body can do right now.

I have been on a pumpkin kick for months now-makes me so excited for fall!!

What’s in the sweet potato? cottage cheese? yogurt? im intrigued! Is the potato hot or cold? I am a sweet potato freak…always looking for new ideas!

3 Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean August 14, 2012 at 5:46 pm

thinking of you girl!! hope that IT band settles down and that you enjoy your vacation!

4 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More August 14, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I just got in my first run in over a week because I was having some crazy asthma issues that felt like someone was standing on my lungs when I ran. It was bad. Sometimes I think our bodies just require us to shut down when they need us to either take it a bit slower or just need more rest than usual.

I hope things settle down for you soon. :)

5 Marilyn August 14, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I think your 2 surgeries for hip dysphasia might have something to do with not being sale to run long distances. Just my opinion. I hope you have a great vacation, and that you can process whatever is on your mind that you referred to in your post. I hope getting away clears your mind and relaxes your body.✨

6 Marilyn August 14, 2012 at 7:04 pm

*dysplasia

7 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige August 14, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I know what you mean about being built for long distances. I feel the exact same way about myself – which is why the last half marathon I ran, my longest training run was 8.5 miles – ha! Oh well :)
And I must find that ice cream…maybe in a month or two ;)
Have fun in Mexico, girl!! Enjoy your break–

8 Steph @ StephSnacks August 15, 2012 at 11:07 am

I totally understand what you mean about not having the words sometimes. There are many times when I just don’t blog because I have nothing of importance to say and it’s not worth the time! Enjoy every moment in Mexico!

9 Alysha @Shesontherun August 15, 2012 at 11:37 am

Sorry about your injuries, Jillian. Hopefully your break and vacay are what you need to feel better.

10 Natalie August 17, 2012 at 9:24 pm

So sorry that you’re having some knee issues. My dad was a distance runner, and he has really scared me/warned me off of racking up the mileage. He competed in his 20s and 30s and loved it. Unfortunately, it really took a toll on his knees. I admit I’m scared of it happening to me, so I run only 5K races. Best of luck to you for a speedy recovery! Sometimes rest can fix a lot (both physically and spiritually/mentally).

11 Sky August 19, 2012 at 7:05 pm

I wish I hadn’t seen the Ben & Jerry’s Pumpkin ice cream!! I LOVE pumpkin things so I will definitely be trying that! That chobani package looks awesome as well! Enjoy your break and vacation in Mexico!

12 Jamie August 21, 2012 at 9:35 am

Hey there!
Just stopping by to say hi – remember me? I’m the girl you took home from HLS last year!

I see you are working at a gym in NYC and it looks like it’s RIGHT by my office. Shoot me an email and let me know if it’s my gym so perhaps we can catch up!

Blog looks amazing!
Jamie

13 Ashley @ Freckles and Spice August 27, 2012 at 9:29 pm

I’m so sorry about your IT band! Hopefully some short time off and the Mexican air with heal it right up so you can get back to running.
That cookie looks insane! And I bought some pumpkin froyo made by sweet scoops this weekend. yum!

14 Kim @ Baby Steps to Balance August 31, 2012 at 9:13 am

I am pretty much drooling after seeing all those pics! Hopefully you start feeling better!

15 Brittany September 11, 2012 at 12:53 am

I started reading your blog a couple of months ago, and I really miss your posts! Hope you had a wonderful vacation and please come back soon :)

16 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige September 24, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Come baaaaaack, Jillian!!! :)

17 Bridgette September 25, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Hey Jillian, I keep checking in hoping to see a new post but you haven’t been around much lately. I hope you’re doing well and loving your new job. Based on a few other comments, it looks like I’m not the only one who’s been missing you. I hope all is well!

Bridgette

18 Danielle D September 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm

update soon!!!!!!! please :)

19 Kayla K. October 1, 2012 at 10:41 am

i miss your posts. i hope you come back soon!!!

20 Marilyn October 9, 2012 at 11:11 pm