The Hottest & Hardest Run Yet

by Jillian on August 4, 2012 · 14 comments

Well, I must say I felt a bit like Bess this morning. I just finished reading her post and that’s pretty much how I felt after my run, and mine was less than half of hers! To be fair, we are definitely in way different stages of training. This was by far the hardest run of my half marathon training. I can only hope it gets better!

This pace is nowhere near where I’d like to be or where my past 6 milers have been (near 52 minutes). It was hot.

I was okay until about mile 4. I think I pushed myself too hard in the beginning not realizing that it was only going to get hotter outside. I actually passed a girl who had stopped running and kneeled down. As I passed her she just said to me, “it’s SO hot”. I know. Trust me, I know. I pushed myself so hard the last two miles with a pace closer to 9:30, which was disappointing for me. However, I finished the entire 6 miles without stopping which is all I could ask for in the end.

As soon as I stopped I just started pouring out sweat. I had to stand outside and chug water because I was literally dripping all over the kitchen floor!

I wish I could have woke up earlier for my run, but on days where I work super late and don’t get home and in bed until after 2, it’s not really possible.

I made the only thing that I knew would make me feel better!

Fitmixer is a miracle in a jar. This stuff does some serious recovery for the body. I instantaneously felt better, my nausea went away, I didn’t feel light headed anymore, and I could finally sit down and let my body cool off.

I swear I did not stop sweating even after a shower and getting ready for work. I’m also rocking a serious farmers tan!

******

I have a meeting regarding the personal training news I mentioned the other day at 2pm, followed by work at 4 until super late, I presume. I cannot wait to sleep in and take a much needed rest day tomorrow!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!

1 Carol @ Lucky Zucca August 4, 2012 at 1:32 pm

The heat is killing me too. We have really bad humidity down here too so even if I’m up at 6am running I still can’t stop sweating! Just think- if you’re running a 9:30 pace when it is this hot, you’ll be speedy like lightening when it gets cool again! Sounds like I need to get some FitMixer. Where do you get yours? Glad to hear you’ve got a rest day coming up tomorrow. They are such a relief when it is this hot! I get so tired of being sweaty :] Congrats on finishing the 6m! That is impressive!

2 Jillian August 6, 2012 at 10:08 pm

That is exactly what I keep thinking! If it’s cool on race day – I should be able to run faster! :) I got my FitMixer as a sample, but you can buy it from my affiliate link here: http://fitmixer.com/store-3/?a_aid=JLeo&a_bid=53768a9f

It’s also on the side of my blog. I swear by this stuff! I love it!

3 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 4, 2012 at 2:14 pm

6 miles in that sort of heat is impressive! I think you did amazing, considering the circumstances.

4 Danielle @ Clean food Creative Fitness August 4, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Sorry you had a tough run this morning! I did a CrossFit Workout this morning that included running outside a sandbag and it was no fun in this heat! I think the heat and humidity is messing with everyone today! Have a great weekend!

5 Danielle @ Clean food Creative Fitness August 4, 2012 at 2:20 pm

*Meant with a sandbag! Lol!

6 Bess @ Bess Be Fit August 4, 2012 at 2:25 pm

That’s still not a bad 6 mile time! Heat does weird things and heat was definitely a factor this morning. I guess the important thing is that we got it done :)

7 Lauren August 4, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I did 5 miles yesterday all before 10am and thought I was going to die! It’s awful out there.

8 Marilyn August 4, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Whoa! I don’t know how you ran 6 miles in this heat and humidity. Good for you!

9 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 4, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I am sweating just thinking about running in the heat. This morning at 10am here in Texas it was already 95 degrees. Of course, we are more acclimated to the heat so 84 up North has to be just as hot!!

10 Jillian August 6, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Yes! The humidity is awful!

11 Katie Cummings August 4, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Way to go! Training in the extremes of weather prepares you for the race! I ran in snow for training and had a beautiful race day. Hopefully you will get rewarded with the same!

12 Miranda @ Biting Life August 5, 2012 at 1:55 am

Wow! That’s one sweaty workout!

13 Lisa August 6, 2012 at 1:36 am

Oh goodness, sorry about the not so successful run, but at least you finished it! That’s all that matters.
Its definitely sweaty out there right now.