WIAW: The Usual Grocery Haul

by Jillian on August 1, 2012 · 20 comments

This is going to be quick! I slept a little late this morning after an 11 hour shift yesterday and getting home at 1:00AM. I did manage to fit in my run this morning before the rain started coming down!

My average pace was basically the same as Monday (8:40), but my splits were way different.

• Mile 1: 9:09
  • Mile 2: 8;47
  • Mile 3: 8:22
  • Mile 4: 8:22

I knew I was booking those last 2 miles!

As soon as I arrived home, I made a sweet potato with the works: cheese, earth balance, a dippy egg, and plain Chobani. Talk about dairy overload!?

***********

Here’s my WIAW grocery haul this week!

Necessities:

• tide sport for our smelly gym clothes
  • a lightbulb (bathroom one burnt out)
  • paper towels – had a coupon
  • baby wipes – can’t live without

• SIlks: creamer, almond, and coconut milk
  • Chobani – duh, and where can I find chocolate chunk? Waaaahhh!
  • eggs
  • roasted vegetable hummus
  • whipped topping (yeah, wannabe cool whip)
  • cinnamon – ran out this week
  • frozen organic broccoli – for emergencies

• sprinkles (hello!?)
  • Truvia – had a coupon
  • organic spinach
  • roasted salted cashews – cannot get enough lately

• organic mexican blend cheese
  • bananas (the other 10 bananas wouldn’t fit in the picture, you get the point)
  • sweet potatoes
  • local green pepper
  • avocados
  • organic strawberries

For once, my shopping looks a little different than normal, right? I had chicken and beans on hand, so I used that to incorporate in some meals for the week.

Okay, gotta jet to work. I have some good news on the personal training front. But for now, I’ll leave you hanging! Happy hump day!

1 Calee (@chimes) August 1, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Is it weird that I feel like sprinkles are missing from your sweet potato? :)

2 Jillian August 2, 2012 at 10:41 am

That is not a bad idea. Not a bad idea at all.

3 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom August 1, 2012 at 2:35 pm

I wish I could get away with such a small shopping list but we would starve in this house. By we, I mean my kids and husband. Why they feel they need to each so much, I will never know, lol!!!

4 Jillian August 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

I have to say this one was quite small. Joe typically only eats breakfast at home because he is at work allll day (at a restaurant yet, so he can eat whatever he wants lol), so a lot of the time it’s really only me. I find that I spent the most money on stocking peanut butter, our almond/coconut milks, and spinach, since we eat all of that in smoothies for breakfast.

5 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles August 1, 2012 at 2:50 pm

I need that massive container of sprinkles (of course)!

6 Jillian August 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

Haha Stop n Shop if you have them near you!

7 Lisa August 1, 2012 at 3:39 pm

An 11 hour work shift. Yikes, sounds crazy! Impressed you busted out that run.
I’ve been loving cashews too. They are too dang delicious. You need to try making cashew butter! Its the best thing ever.

8 Jillian August 2, 2012 at 10:39 am

I bought cashew butter but there was no sea salt in it so it sat in my cabinet for months! I finally decided I was going to add my own sea salt, and now it’s perfect!

9 Danielle @ Clean food Creative Fitness August 1, 2012 at 4:09 pm

That sweet potato looks amazing!!! I’m totally okay with a dairy overload :)

10 Stevi August 1, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I’m new to your blog, so forgive me if this is a stupid question.. I see you getting large containers of sprinkes (awesome) and I would assume you eat them through out the month on various things but I never see them in pictures of your food. Where do all the sprinkles go!?

11 Jillian August 2, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hi Stevi! I actually used to post a lot more of my smoothie creation that had sprinkles on top, but now I typically enjoy them like I describe on my “Why the name?” page: http://www.sprinklemassacre.com/why-the-name/

…with peanut butter and cool whip on a spoon! I don’t always take pictures of it, but we go through almost one container of sprinkles a week!

12 Miranda @ Biting Life August 2, 2012 at 12:25 am

Love reading about/looking at pictures of people’s grocery shopping trips! I can’t live without baby wipes, too. I always get them on sale, so I probably have about a million down in our basement storage area. They’re perfect for getting makeup off.

13 Jillian August 2, 2012 at 10:37 am

I actually haven’t tried them for makeup, but that’s a good idea!

14 Jessie August 2, 2012 at 6:29 am

Is it wrong that the first thing my eyes went too were the sprinkles? haha. I’ve been having a huge craving for some vanilla froyo with sprinkles lately. Great job for getting in those 4 miles girl :)

Have a great day!

15 Samantha August 3, 2012 at 12:05 am

Lots of yummy finds!!! And great job on the run!
<3 Sam

16 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish August 3, 2012 at 1:43 am

I love that huge stash of patriotic sprinkles! Whenever I see or eat sprinkles now, I automatically think of you! You should be their official spokeswoman. ;-) (I still haven’t tried them with with cool whip though; am I missing out big time?).

I’m excited to hear about the personal training news! <3

17 Jillian August 6, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Hahaha sprinkle spokeswoman.. I can just see it! Get yourself some TruWhip girl! Dip it into PB and sprinkles and it will change your life! :)

18 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner August 6, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I love Silk’s unsweetened vanilla almond milk! I’ve tried the unsweetened coconut milk before, but I did NOT like it. (So if you haven’t tried it, I wouldn’t recommend it.) I’m sure it’s a lot better with the sweetener in it.

19 Jillian August 6, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Yeah I usually buy unsweetened almond for myself but Joe likes the sweetened coconut..and sometimes I steal it! :)

20 Ali August 11, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Seriously, you do not want to find the Chocolate Chunk Chobani. It’s too good, like dessert almost. I bought some the other day – was so surprised to find it at Target and oh man, that stuff is seriously dangerous. Soooo yummy! Then this morning I treated myself with overnight “oats” {for the first time, I had never made them before and they turned out awesome!} made with chocolate chobani, rye flakes, unsweetened almond milk, added some chia seeds and fresh strawberries this morning and seriously I could have died right there and been so content just knowing I had the opportunity to eat such a delicious breakfast, ha! :)