The Nut Butter Cabinet

by Jillian on July 26, 2012 · 13 comments

Sometimes the days pass so quickly that I don’t even realize I haven’t blogged. Between picking up extra hours at the restaurant, some exciting meetings, and half marathon training, I feel like I am constantly busy. But, it’s a good busy and I’d much prefer it to where I was a year ago.

Anyway, Tuesday was my day off this week so Carrie and I went to yoga in the city.

I said from the start of training that I needed to incorporate yoga more since I’ll be running 3-4 days a week and I tend to get really stiff in the hips. This was just what I needed and we intend to go back next week!

Afterwards, we hit up Blue Water Grill for some lunch.

Obviously we dug right into the seafood platter before even thinking about a picture.

Later on, we ended up at the restaurant with Joe and had a few glasses of wine. At that point, my throat started hurting and my head felt funny. You know; that feeling when you just know a cold is coming on.

I woke up Wednesday feeling like dirt, but I sucked it up and got outside for my planned run. Unless the symptoms are below the neck, exercise is okay!

I actually beat my 3.5 mile time from Monday by about 20 seconds. Ignore the “pace”, I was walking while snapping a photo.

I had a pretty busy night last night at work, which was good. I’m still feeling off today though. My throat feels funny and my head is still a little congested. I don’t really know what’s going on – allergies, a cold waiting to come out? Whatever it is, I don’t like it.

On another note. I finally finished a jar from the nut butter cabinet! (There’s about 3 more jars that you can’t see.)

After I ordered a case of the Justin’s vanilla almond butter for Joe and me, we made it an attempt to finish all of the other nut butters before cracking open the new stuff.

Obviously, that didn’t happen because we’ve already gone through 1.5 jars, but this morning I finished off a Barney Butter. Yay! Only 10 more to go.

I’m about to go eat some lunch and head into work. See ya later!

1 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 26, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I freakin’ love that nut butter cabinet. I usually only have 2-3 going at once, which is clearly not nearly enough.

2 Lisa July 26, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Hope your not getting sick! Feel better soon.
Haha, loving the nut butter cabinet. I definitely am a nut butter fiend, but we don’t get too many different flavours up here so I only have about 4 different ones.

3 Jillian July 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Thanks Lisa! You are probably better off that way because we get out of hand with nut butters over here! lol

4 Marilyn July 26, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I hope you start feeling better. I only have peanut butter in my cabinet, but I always have at least 4 jars on hand. I am afraid of running out! I buy Wegman’s all natural peanut butter. The only ingredient is peanuts. I don’t always get to shop at Wegman’s,so I always buy 2 or 3 jars when I do get there.

5 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 26, 2012 at 4:04 pm

I love that you bought a whole case of it! Did you just buy it from his website? I can’t find it anywhere near me :(

6 Jillian July 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I ordered it in store from Whole Foods and they called me when it was ready! :) It’s exclusive to whole foods so it won’t be anywhere else. I’d be happy to ship you some if you don’t have one near you!

7 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 26, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Oh my goodness, you are a nut butter lover for sure!! I had to laugh at all those jars but I certainly wouldn’t be sad if I had them in my house!! I am taking it that the Justin’s Vanilla is extraordinarily good since you ordered a case of it. I have got to try this stuff soon!!!

8 Tiffany July 26, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I always keep at least 2 on hand. Natural pb and Marantha brand dark chocolate almond butter. I think it is way better than Nutell and it is a lot healthier too.

9 Lauren July 26, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I think I have 6 jars of nut butter opened right now. No shame!

10 Jackie @ Daydreamer July 26, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I just discovered your blog and I love it! it reminds me so much of the very first blog I read (Fit Foodie Finds). When are you running your half marathon? I’m a marathon runner myself so it’s always interesting to hear about other people’s training experiences!

daydreamer-alifestyleblog.blogspot.com

11 Jillian July 28, 2012 at 12:59 pm

So glad you stopped by! I am running a half on September 23rd. It will be my first!

12 Marilyn July 27, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Paige…Justin’s Vanilla Almond Butter is exclusive to Whole Foods. You can buy it in the store or order it from them.

13 Alysha @Shesontherun July 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Holy crap. I thought mine PB stash was getting hefty. Feel better!