Two Whole Months

by Jillian on July 23, 2012 · 9 comments

Well, another weekend gone! I cannot believe it’s already the end of July. Every since grade school, I always considered “Summer” to be the months of June, July, and August. So when August rolls around, it seems like Summer is near the end. In all actuality, we have 2 whole months left! And I have a whole lot going on in those 2 months. Joe and I are going to Mexico, I am going to my best friend’s bachelorette party over Labor Day weekend, and I am running a half marathon! Even the two weeks after Summer officially ends, I have my best friend’s wedding and another wedding that Joe is in. So, I guess I should think about the positive rather than the negative! Right?

Yesterday I was busy enjoying the day with Joe, drinking my favorite vintage of Van Duzer (it seriously smells like Oregon grass), and rocking a sock bun.

I think it’s hilarious that someone thought of rolling up a sock to make an obnoxiously huge bun. Props to you, sock bun inventor.

Anyway, Joe and I allowed ourselves to sleep in a bit late this morning, so when I set out for a run it was already pretty hot.

I had 3.5 on the schedule and I finished with an average 9 minute mile. My legs didn’t feel like foreign objects and I didn’t contemplate stopping even once, so I’ll take it as a good run.

I’m on the 2:00 bar shift today, so I gotta run! Remember, it may be Monday but we still have two whole months of Summer! Enjoy it! Winking smile

PS. Check out my interview on Healthy Page!

1 Alysha @Shesontherun July 23, 2012 at 1:43 pm

I love the sock bun. It’s a good look on you!

2 Danielle @ Clean food Creative Fitness July 23, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Love the sock bun! I feel like it can’t be that easy….I’d mess it up somehow ;) Summer has gone by way too quick! Can’t believe it’s the end of July already!

3 April July 23, 2012 at 2:46 pm

What?! I love that bun, and there’s a sock in it? Must find instructions! But like Danielle I think I’d mess it up too no matter how easy it’s supposed to be!

4 Paige @ Your Trainer Paige July 23, 2012 at 3:12 pm

Uhhh your sock bun looks MUCH better than mine! Sounds like a fun Sunday :)

5 Marilyn July 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm

That’s my favorite wine, too! This summer seems to have flown by.

6 Megan @ The I Do Diaries July 23, 2012 at 3:43 pm

The sock bun looks great on you-so chic! I don’t even know how to try it, I need to look up a tutorial or something, ha! My husband and I went for a run yesterday at 8 AM, so still pretty early but it was already so hot out. I definitely could tell the difference in the quality of my run since I run much earlier on the workdays. That’s a good time considering though, so good for you!

7 Bethany July 23, 2012 at 5:54 pm

That bun is oober cute :) Good time for the heat!!! You go girl!

8 Gina @ Health, Love, and Chocoalte July 23, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Love the bun, you can definitely pull it off!

9 Lisa July 23, 2012 at 11:58 pm

The sock bun suites you. I have a big enough bun without trying that out, darn super thick hair.
It seems weird we still have 2 more months of summer left! It feels like it would be shorter by now. Not that I’m complaining. I love the sun.