Vacation Prep Day

by Jillian on July 5, 2012 · 15 comments

I cheated on my half marathon training plan. Well, not really. Today was supposed to be a rest day and tomorrow I’m scheduled for 30 minutes of cross training. I work a double tomorrow, so I decided to switch it to today. I needed to fit a leg lifting day in this week, so today it was!

I started out on the machines, completing 4 sets of the leg press and the glute press machine. I probably just made that up, but I don’t know what it’s called. The big room where classes are held had opened up, which is rare, so I moved my workout in there. I started out with 4 sets of this circuit. (i.e. complete exercise #1, followed by exercise #2, repeat)

• walking lunges holding plate over head
  • wall sit

My legs were burning, but I wanted to keep my heart rate up so added another circuit.

• jump squats
  • box jumps

I love me some plyometrics! While waiting for Joe, I cooled down on the bike.

Breakfast

My breakfast fell apart, but it still tasted delicious!

I made protein pancakes with the typical ingredients: oats, protein powder, banana, cinnamon, stevia, and a little bit of almond milk to get it moving. I layered the two broken cakes with Chobani and various fruit.

**********

Today was a day of vacation prep. Since we’re leaving on Sunday for Portland, Oregon, I needed to run some errands. I picked up a few things at CVS, went to the bank, and got a mani-pedi. Totally necessary for any vacation, don’t you agree?

Yes, I caved to the ring finger mismatch trend. I remember seeing this over a year ago for the first time and I completely refused to conform to the trend. I don’t know, I guess it just sort of annoys me when everyone thinks they’re the first person in the world to do it. Anyway, here I am, being all trendy.

I was starving by the time I got home from running errands and quickly baked some chicken with olive oil and cajun seasoning. I had a sudden cajun craving, so I went with it. As it was cooking, I chopped cucumbers and kale and mixed it with rice vinegar for a cool refreshing salad with a kick. I rounded the meal out with some avocado for healthy fats.

The refreshing cucumber and avocado salad complimented the spicy cajun seasoning perfectly. I also had some sweet potato wedges on the side, but saved the rest for lunch tomorrow since I try to pack my meals for work as much as possible.

Now I am procrastinating on packing. I hate packing, maybe more than traffic. That’s a lie. I want to punch traffic in the face. Packing, I just want to get it over with so I can enjoy my trip!

I almost forgot to debut my new cell phone case!

How cool is my Mom for sending me this? It makes me want to go get a spoon with some peanut butter and cool whip. Thanks Mom!

• Check out this article on Pilates Pro about the Fitness Magazine Meet & Tweet! There’s a super cheesy picture of me checking myself out in the awesome Oakley’s we were given as part of the swag. Which by the way, I run in all the time!

Do you hate packing like me? Or are you one of those people that oddly enjoys it?

1 Danielle @ itsaharleyyylife July 5, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I love the mismatched nail polish and the new iphone case! so cute!

2 Marilyn July 5, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Nails look cute!

3 Danielle @ Clean food Creative Fitness July 5, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I love that phone case!!! I’m obsessed! It’s just perfect for you :) I hate packing too! It stresses me out way more than it needs to and I am totally an overpacker! Good luck with the packing and have a great trip!

4 Lauren July 5, 2012 at 8:26 pm

I really like the idea of doing the ring finger a different color. I might need to try this next manicure.
Have so much fun on your vacation!

5 Melissa July 5, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Ughhh hate packing!! I always wait till the last possible minute and end up finishing on the morning of my flight. Then I leave the house super stressed. I tell myself every time that it’ll be different, but things never change haha

6 Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom July 5, 2012 at 9:49 pm

My toes have mismatched colors on them right now. My big toe is a turquoise color and the others are all purple. Being that I am in my 30′s I feel a bit ridiculous doing it but I have had a surprisingly large number of compliments on them.

7 Irina @ Chocolatea Time July 5, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I hate packing too. I travel almost every week for work so I’ve gotten a lot better at packing, but the constant traveling has made me absolutely despise packing!!

8 Sam @ Better With Sprinkles July 6, 2012 at 12:06 am

I kind of really want that cell phone case. And I don’t even have a phone that would fit in it!

9 Paige @ Running Around Normal July 6, 2012 at 1:08 pm

A mani pedi is completely a requirement for a vacation if I do say so myself! Have fun, Jillian :)

10 Alysha @Shesontherun July 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Do you have a recipe for your protein pancakes? It looks amazing!

11 Jillian July 6, 2012 at 11:52 pm

I always change it up but for these I used 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cup oats, 1 scoop protein powder, and a few splashes of almond milk to mix it up. They probably aren’t the best I’ve ever made, and they fell apart, but they tasted alright for impromptu! lol

12 Lisa July 6, 2012 at 3:41 pm

I love your iphone case! Haha, I totally was like that at first when everyone was doing that with their ring finger…but I kind of like it now. Have a ton of fun on your vacay!

13 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner July 7, 2012 at 12:11 am

You look great with that color of nail polish! :)

14 Kailey July 7, 2012 at 11:25 am

Love love love your cell phone cover!! The sprinkles are too cute :)

15 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish July 7, 2012 at 4:17 pm

The iPhone case is perrrrfect!! Lovelovelove. I think the ring finger trend is cute–and pink nail polish is the best. I got a gel manicure yesterday and went *bright* pink–as in shockingly bright! And I absolutely love it. :-)

I surprisingly enjoy packing; unpacking is another story! The end of the trip is always sad, and who likes emptying a suitcase full of dirty, smelly clothes? ;)

Have a fabulous trip, lovely!! xoxo <3