I Can’t Wake Up!

by Jillian on June 9, 2012 · 15 comments

Wow. Did you ever have one of those days where you just feel like your whole body is tired, sore, and you can’t possibly fathom doing anything except for lying down? Oh boy. I hope I’m not getting sick!

When Joe woke me up at 7:15 this morning, I could barely open my eyes and I immediately felt the serious DOMS from yesterday’s one legged dead lifts. I pried my eyes open, hopped out of bed, and changed into my gym clothes. When we got there, I spent about 15 minutes stretching and trying to wake up.

IMG_1901

I also sat down and played on my iPhone for a bit, hoping that time itself would help me wake up, but no such luck. I even had a shot of Fitmixer, which usually gets my body moving, but I felt nothing!

Eventually, I busted out a super low intensity upper body lifting session. I used a bit heavier weights with lower reps so that there wasn’t as much cardio involved.

IMG_1902

Please note the “strip tease” class poster behind me. My gym, folks, my gym.

Anyway, my workout was not anything to write home about but I was glad I got up and moving (and stretching!) a bit.

For breakfast, I was oddly not in the mood for anything but cereal. I mean, I’m always in the mood for cereal, but usually I’m always in the mood for everything else, too.

IMG_1905

Kashi GoLean, almond milk, bananas, and strawberries sufficed.

After a shower, coffee, responding to some e-mails, and blog work, I made lunch.

IMG_1445IMG_1446

I heated up the last of the grilled veggies, made an arugula salad with truffle oil and lemon, and sprinkled on parmesan for extra flavor. On the side, I had a rice cake topped with leftover tuna salad and hummus. Nothing too exciting; the theme of the day I guess.

I tried to study but literally felt my eyes closing. I don’t know why my whole body feels so tired! I definitely forced myself to get up early a few days this week in order to be more productive. I’d love to let myself wake up naturally but I know that won’t go over well. I’ll be in bed until 10am! Anyway, it’s basically the end of the week for me, as my “weekends” are normally Sunday & Monday, so maybe it’s just the whole week getting to me. Who knows!? Either way, I am letting myself sleep in tomorrow!

Sorry for the downer post; I wish I had some motivation for you and myself.

***

I’m glad you are all excited about The Simply Bar giveaway! A lot of you expressed interest in trying them out. If you’re really antsy and can’t wait, you can always purchase some online. I highly recommend! Smile

• What do you do to help energize yourself when you’re having a day like this?

1 Em @ living & learning June 9, 2012 at 1:42 pm

Props to you to getting to the gym and still doing a workout. Whenever I have those days. I fall victim and end up never moving from my bed or couch hahahaha

2 StoriesAndSweetPotatoes June 9, 2012 at 1:45 pm

On days like that if I have the time I’ll totally take a nap. Your body needs it. I kind of feel like that today actually. Had a lack luster workout which was a bummer, but you can’t really force energy from nowhere!

3 Jillian June 10, 2012 at 9:52 pm

I should have taken a nap!

4 Marilyn June 9, 2012 at 2:08 pm

You are probably tired from working a double shift yesterday. I agree with the suggestion that you take a nap before work tonight.

5 Kat June 9, 2012 at 2:40 pm

I definitely take a nap! Last semester, when I was getting less than five hours of sleep on the regular I would feel just like that once every couple weeks and the only thing that helped was a solid 2 hour nap. Good on you for getting a workout in though – it’s always good to get moving and get the blood flowing, even if it’s nothing intense.

6 Jillian June 10, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I really should have taken a nap! I think I was just over tired and my body was not happy with me not letting it sleep!

7 Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 9, 2012 at 3:48 pm

i usually find that when my body is tired, lethargic, and sore, it’s because i need an extra rest day. so i take it, and my body always thanks me afterward. also, you have some rockin’ legs girl! just a little jealous. ;)

8 Jillian June 10, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Thanks lady! I felt much better after getting a good nights sleep (and sleeping in!)

9 Katherine June 9, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Those days are the worst. I had a super stressful(quit my job), almost workout free week so I was determined to be super productive today. And I have been…ish.

Do you know of anywhere in Manhattan that sells the Simply Bars?

10 Jillian June 10, 2012 at 9:50 pm

I’m not sure of anywhere in Manhattan. I live in NJ, and haven’t seen anywhere over here. Then again, I haven’t really looked – just figured I can order online!

11 Kammie @ Sensual Appeal June 9, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Sounds like today for me too.. It was an interval cardio day so I should have gone hard, but I just couldn’t make myself do it. I tried. Sigh. Sometimes it’s just those days, I guess.

12 Lisa June 10, 2012 at 12:48 am

I hope you’re not getting sick! That’s never a good time. Usually on those days, I realize I’ve been pushing myself too hard and need to back off on the staying up late, working out type stuff. Its great you still got yourself to the gym though.

13 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish June 10, 2012 at 1:21 am

I hope you wake up tomorrow morning feeling refreshed and revitalized! When I’m not sure whether I’m sick, I usually take a walk or do another form of very low intensity cardio. Half the time it makes me feel better, and when that happens, I’ll often transition into a light jog/more intense cardio. When I feel worse, I know it means I need to take a rest day! <3

14 Darcy June 10, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Everybody needs a recovery day sometime :) It’s nice to be able to take it easy when your body is telling you not to push things.

15 Jocelyn @Peace Love Nutrition June 11, 2012 at 10:46 am

I fee like that today! I played tennis this weekend and my arms are so sore : (