Yay for smart snacking!
This week, I am really getting back into the swing of things as far as workouts and eating clean. After a few weeks of taking it down a notch and allowing some extra snacks sneak into my diet, I’m starting fresh! So needless to say, I was excited when Jenn announced that sensible snacking was the June theme for WIAW!
Let’s start with my groceries this week.
It was pretty much the usual stuff, but I’ll break it down for you.
- coconut milk
- almond milk
- silk creamer
- cool whip (minus one point)
- LUNA chocolate dipped coconut bar (on sale, couldn’t resist!)
- body wash
- a new to me all natural BBQ sauce (no high fructose corn syrup!)
- chapstick (I love this one – it’s super orangey and refreshing)
- Green Mountain K cups (on sale!)
Deal of the century, I tell you.
- Annie’s mac & cheese for last minute hunger purposes (ie. I got home at 9pm from running errands all day and was starving)
- stale sprinkles which were later returned for these (Memorial day?) sprinkles:
- baby spinach
And that’s it, folks! I prepped everything the following day. I marinated the squash, eggplant, mushrooms, and pepper in olive oil, balsamic, salt, and pepper while mixing the chicken with the BBQ sauce.
Then, it was grill time!
I had a delicious lunch and have plenty of leftovers for the week!
I paired the grilled chicken and veggies with a salad of arugula, grilled pineapple, and avocado.
Here are some of the snacks that I enjoyed the last two days (and are typically my go-to’s for smart snacking!).
Fruit & Nuts
Greek yogurt & granola (okay okay, breakfast!?)
lemon chobani with lemon blueberry granola (from Blend!) and blueberries
vanilla almond milk, 1 peach, 1/2 frozen banana, spinach, 1 scoop vanilla sunwarrior, flax, & cinnamon
- What is your favorite sensible snack?