Scenes from MDW + A Winner

by Jillian on May 29, 2012 · 12 comments

Saturday night, I got cut early from work. I mean, who’s sitting at a bar when they can be down the shore enjoying the holiday weekend? Needless to say, it was slow. Joe and I headed down around 11:00 Saturday night, cutting out any and all traffic! This gave us 2 full days at his parent’s beach house with his family.

Sunday’s weather called for scattered showers so Joe and I ended up taking his nephew to the boardwalk instead of heading down to the beach (after a little bit of yoga- see below!). At least there were places to run for cover in case of a downpour (hello, arcades!?) but it ended up being beautiful. We missed a beach day, but we had a lot of fun riding rides, playing at the arcade, and downing a slushy the size of our faces. I haven’t done that in so long! We finished the day with pizza at Pete & Elda’s. It’s seriously the best pizza I’ve ever had – super thin and crispy cracker bread style! We enjoyed 7 pepper wings & some Leinenkugels as well. I enjoyed my food while the boys ignored me for the Yankee game. Typical. We made a quick stop at the liquor store on the way home so we could enjoy a few more brews before bed.

Monday was spent running 4 miles in 80 degree weather, tanning on the beach (while the boys played in the water), and making lobster rolls & grilling for dinner. Perfect!

I’ll skip any more descriptions and just leave you with scenes from Memorial Day weekend from my iPhone. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen some already!

IMG_1751IMG_1754

IMG_1756IMG_1758IMG_1755

IMG_1759IMG_1760IMG_1761

IMG_1764IMG_1765IMG_1767

IMG_1768IMG_1769

IMG_1778IMG_1777

IMG_1780IMG_1781IMG_1782IMG_1783

And the winner of the Sweaty Bands giveaway is………….

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 11.06.27 AM

Tracey!

Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 11.34.08 AM

Please e-mail me your mailing address to sprinklemassacre@gmail.com and I’ll ship them out right away!

• What was the best part of your Memorial Day weekend?

1 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 29, 2012 at 11:46 am

Looks like a fun weekend!
The best part of my weekend was going to my friend’s bachelorette party on saturday! It was an all day adventure filled with lots of fun!

2 Jillian May 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Bachelorette parties are always a blast!! :)

3 Katy @ Couch to 5Katy May 29, 2012 at 12:16 pm

The best part was spending time up in Michigan. Tanning, swimming, playing on wave runners and making s’mores!

4 Alysha @Shesontherun May 29, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I would have loved to go to the beach. My friend just moved to North Carolina and I can’t wait to lounge on a real beach (versus Lake Michigan).

5 Marilyn May 29, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Looks a great weekend!

6 Jocelyn @Peace Love Nutrition May 29, 2012 at 2:59 pm

I was supposed to go home to Southampton and go to the beach but I ended up staying here in NYC with my boyfriend. I missed out : )

Although we went bike riding up the West Side Highway all the way to The Cloisters (30 miles!)

7 Jillian May 30, 2012 at 1:40 pm

oh wow! I need to get a bike! Sounds like a lot of fun!! :)

8 Lisa May 30, 2012 at 12:08 am

Looks like you had a really great weekend! We don’t celebrate Memorial Day in Canada, so mine was just a regular old Monday, nothing too fun. The weekend though was lots of fun.

9 Ashley @ Freckles and Spice May 30, 2012 at 7:39 am

Awww! So happy you had a great weekend. Much needed I know.

10 Irina @ Chocolatea Time May 30, 2012 at 8:33 am

Looks like you had a great weekend! And that is a massive snowcone…wow!

11 Colleen May 30, 2012 at 8:19 pm

My favorite part of going to the beach as a kid was always playing skee ball in the arcades at the boardwalk! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Best part of my memorial day was running my first half marathon!

12 Jillian May 31, 2012 at 10:31 am

We played skee ball too! It’s def my favorite arcade game, so fun!

Congrats on your first half! That is awesome! I want to run one this September – it would be my first!