My Life is a Bowl of Cereal

by Jillian on May 24, 2012 · 12 comments

I’m glad you are all excited about the Sweaty Bands! I wore one of mine this morning during my 3.75 mile run. It was on the treadmill, since it’s currently raining outside, but it’s better than not at all, right?

sweatyband

I was in the mood for plain old cereal this morning; no protein smoothie (which is usually topped with cereal or granola anyway). Luckily, the new Kashi cereal I bought yesterday has 13g of protein per serving!

I topped it with almond milk, blueberries, blackberries, and sunflower seed butter for a balanced breakfast.

I was go-go-go this morning! I got so much done in two hours, which makes me feel better about the fact that I have to head into work at 4pm. After taking care of some IIN work, blog work, and personal things, I made myself a small Chobani bowl with almond butter, bananas, and Love Grown granola.

And yes, despite leaving my day job, I still eat snacks and lunch at my desk sometimes. Is it just me, or does my life look like a big bowl of cereal and fruit? Seriously, it’s all I crave!

I realized that I had a few workouts I wanted to share with you guys. One of then was a treadmill interval workout, but when I started typing it up in excel, it was SO long and confusing that I decided to just nix it. I’ll just have to complete a modified version of it sometime next week and then share it with you. I do however, have here the quick upper body workout that I completed last Saturday. The idea of it came from the CrossFit workout I did.

• 1 minute on the row machine, aiming to burn as many calories as possible in that minute
  • 1 minute push press with 15 lb. medicine ball, as many as possible
  • 1 minute pushups (start with regular and switch to modified when needed), as many as possible

Repeat 4-6 times (I did 6) for a burning back, shoulder, and chest workout!

Alright, back to being productive, but one more thing before I go.

The two Institute for Integrative Nutrition $1,000 scholarships have been extended through Memorial Day weekend. I’ve received a few e-mails about them already, so if you are thinking you may be interested, e-mail me at sprinklemassacre@gmail.com. Don’t hesitate to ask me any questions you may have! I can put you in contact with someone right away should you have any further questions or decide to enroll.

1 Alysha @Shesontherun May 24, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Cereal/granola/fruit bowls are my go-to-breakfast (and sometimes lunch!)

2 Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 24, 2012 at 1:10 pm

my life is a bowl of cereal, yogurt and granola (and nut butters) too! It’s tasty and pretty healthy so why mess with it? ;)

3 Emily May 24, 2012 at 1:12 pm

cereal is probably my favorite food, besides some mexican. I have stopped buying it though because I would eat the whole box in a day or two – no self control when it comes to my favorite food, yikes! but your chobani bowl looks amazingggg – alone with your cereal that now has me craving for some!

4 Lauren May 24, 2012 at 1:46 pm

You are speaking my language! I feel like ALL i eat is cereal/granola/nut butter/yogurt and fruit. I actually love to start my day and end my day with it.

5 Jillian May 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Same for me with all of those items. I could eat them all day long!

6 Val @ Tips on Healthy Living May 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

I rarely ever try the row machine but you’ve inspired me to do it next visit to the gym. Never thought of putting nut butter in cereal either! Lots of new things to try this week. ;)

7 Jillian May 24, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I honestly was never really into the row machine either, but if you push yourself really hard for short bouts, it really is a great back AND cardio workout!

8 Val @ Tips on Healthy Living May 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Good point — I totally need to do some more strengthening exercises for the back. Btw– you inspired me to put some almond butter in my greek yogurt today. SO good!

9 Lisa May 24, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Great workout! I am also craving the fruit/yogurt/nut butter combo all day everyday, so good once it starts getting warmer out!

10 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish May 25, 2012 at 2:24 am

I used to be a Kashi cereal-eating addict. I’d literally have it for breakfast every morning, and loved the taste and nutrition stats. Then I had to cut out gluten, and that meant cutting out Kashi too. :( Now I rarely eat cereal for breakfast, but I LOVE snacking on Peanut Butter Puffins and granola. Granola is my best friend, especially when it’s combined with peanut butter and Greek yogurt/cottage cheese. :)

Hope you’re doing well! Miss you! xoxo

11 Paige @ Running Around Normal May 25, 2012 at 1:15 pm

I was going to have eggs for lunch, but a bowl of cereal and yogurt sounds really good right now! I love Kashi Go Lean Crunch :)

12 Laura @ Joyful Shimmy May 25, 2012 at 1:32 pm

I love the sweaty bands! They are so cute and they stay still which is perfect.

I am a granola and yogurt kinda girl. I tried to have the bowls of cereals but it wasn’t my thing. Hope you have a good weekend…