I haven’t done a What I Ate Wednesday in a while. Mainly, because I work all day Tuesday and then I realize it’s Wednesday and I have no pictures. Today, I managed to snap some shots of what I ate today. So, here goes!
After a sweaty cardio & upper body session at the gym (boy, am I back-logged on workouts to share with you guys!), I fueled with a smoothie bowl, per usual.
The mix included 1/2 a frozen banana, a large handful of Trader Joe’s frozen very berry cherry mix, almond milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, spinach, and flax meal. It was super thick because I didn’t put any ice and went light on the milk. I topped it with some granola and indulged.
After a good 1.5 hours of studying, I was hungry again. I went right for the Chobani. I remembered a while ago, trying Barney Butter smooth almond butter whipped into plain Chobani, so I gave it a go again. It’s delicious! Especially topped with Pure Bliss Eats peanut butter chocolate granola (BLEND swag alert!).
Eventually, it was time to head to the grocery store. I was unable to stop at Trader Joe’s yesterday after work because it was later than expected and they were closed. Bummer. I had to pay more that 19 cents for my bananas.
I did my usual walk around the edges of the grocery store with my reusable bags and easy check-outer device thing that my grocery store offers.
I stocked up one some necessities, as well as some ingredients to make a quick dinner.
Stuff I hate spending money on:
- batteries (for smoke detectors)
- Cottonelle wipes (gotta stay stocked on those!)
- Tide Febreeze Sport
- campari tomatoes
- corn (frozen)
Canned & Dry
- Silk almond & coconut milks (I’ve been getting some crazy coupons lately for those.)
- black beans
- Skippy natural peanut butter
- Hershey’s special dark cocoa powder
- Kashi GoLean Cereal (was on sale, plus it has 10g fiber and 13g protein per serving, whaa!?)
I immediately started chopping away. First, the watermelon! I may have eaten more than what went into the Tupperware (not really, but you know).
Next, I got started on dinner.
Mexican Couscous Salad
(way more than one serving – I like to make big batches to have for a few days
- 1 can black beans
- 1 bag organic frozen sweet corn
- 8 campari tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 large cucumber, seeded & diced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- lime juice, enough to coat veggies
- 3 T fresh cilantro, chopped
- cumin, didn’t measure, add it to your liking
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- optional: jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 2/3 cup (dry measurement) whole wheat couscous, cooked
I cooked 2/3 cup (dry measurement) Bob’s Red Mill whole wheat couscous (Blend swag) on the stove. That’s all I had left in the bag, so that’s all I made! It ended up being just enough to mix into the veggies.
*I add diced avocado to each serving individually. If you add it to the mixture and store it in the fridge, the avocado is more likely to turn brown. I use what I need and store the rest of the avocado in an air tight container with the core.
There was pork loin (individually wrapped) in the freezer that I decided to defrost and grill. I spritzed it with olive oil and rubbed a mixture of cumin, paprika, chili powder, sea salt, and pepper on it.
I also ate a side of fresh cut watermelon.
Drizzled with lime juice….try it!
This dinner was probably the best I’ve made in a while. I have another pork loin defrosting for tomorrow & a lot of the mexican couscous salad left.
Now, I definitely need some type of snack or dessert! See you guys tomorrow morning with a fun giveaway!