Unexpected Productivity

by Jillian on April 26, 2012 · 13 comments

I came home last night to this in our bedroom.

Two weeks ago, Joe brought home a (basically) brand new 50 inch (?) TV from his restaurant that is going under renovations. He was so adamant about hanging it up right then and there, but luckily he waited for his friend who knows what he’s doing to come help. It’s nice not having to squint to see the channel lineup. Yes, my “20/10” vision from Lasik surgery fails me sometimes.

Anyway, I got home around midnight after a great night at work. It takes me a while to unwind, so naturally I wasn’t getting up at 7:00 with Joe. I slept a little later and inevitably felt like it was going to be a wasted day, despite having the day off from work.

I made one of my usual breakfast rotations & coffee while I read blogs and decided what the day was going to hold. I knew I had a long list but nothing really grabbed me. Then again, who really wants to do chores?

Then all of a sudden, it was “GO!”

• 1.5 hours of paperwork/QuickBooks for the restaurant
  • fold laundry + do 2 more loads of laundry
  • clean the bathroom, specifically the shower
  • swept + dusted + clean the kitchen sink
  • attempt to go through some blog related e-mails and transfer my domain
  • paid some bills
  • did some research for Cabo San Lucas vacation (yes!!)
  • went on a CVS run for bathroom necessities
  • grabbed my ACSM study guide and did some steady state ellipticaling + stretching

Oh, and in between somewhere I ate a quick snack of apples with smoked gouda and mixed nuts.

And a post workout smoothie. (frozen banana, almond milk, TJ’s very cherry berry frozen mix, & vanilla protein powder)

IMG_1041IMG_1042

Ohhh the feeling of a productive day. I’m glad it went that way rather than making it a lazy one!

Joe came home from work early as I was preparing dinner. Pan seared sea scallops, sauteed kale, & farro salad with a healthy lemon butter sauce.

IMG_1047IMG_1051

More on the farro salad tomorrow!

Of course, since I wasn’t prepared for his early arrival, 3 scallops was not enough for him, so he grilled some filets with blue cheese.

All washed down with some pinot noir.

Joe wants froyo now. I am super surprised (an understatement). Goodnight!

PS. You still have time to enter my Luna fiber bar giveaway. Thanks to all who entered already! I see some readers are coming out of the wood work – you guys are awesome! :)

1 Lauren April 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Haha, Toly has been asking for fro-yo almost every night too! They try it once and it changes their lives. :)

2 Jillian April 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm

So true! Joe is lactose but not entirely. He eats hard cheese and doesn’t really eat ice cream but for some reason he’s okay with the froyo! I think he just likes the toppings..lol. His bowl was like 75% peanut butter cups and sprinkles.

3 Marilyn April 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Great TV!!! Dinner looks yummy!

4 Susie April 27, 2012 at 7:45 am

Cabo is one of my absolute favorite places in the entire world. More specifically, San Jose del Cabo. You HAVE to get away from the tourist traps of the strip and go a bit north of the “city,” make your way up the coast and check it out. One of my absolute most favorite shop/restaurants is up there too, if you’re interested I could find out the name (it’s been about a year!) but everything is local and fresh and unreal. And there is this other place that would probably be a bit of trek from CSL but was incredible–you eat surrounded by the food that they grow.
SO jealous!!!

5 Jillian April 27, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Thanks for all of the tips!! Let me know if you remember that restaurant. We are looking at the Capella, which has a restaurant that sounds similar – super fresh seafood! I am so excited – we are looking at the second week of August!

6 Susie April 27, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Villa Valentina was the cool store/restaurant that we went to–google it (with san jose del cabo to check it out. even if you don’t go to eat (major sad face lol) it’s a FANTASTIC decor store totally worth browsing). The great thing about cabo is that amazing seafood it EVERYWHERE. And to be honest, the best places to eat are the simplest, the most unadulterated. Flora Farms is the amazing farm to table place that was fantastic and such a great experience. If you have the chance (and the $$ lol) go to lunch at the Breeze (I think it is called) at One and Only Palmilla. It is an amazing ocean side experience in deliciousness and whale (and people!!) watching. A little pricey, but so worth it!
My parents spend a lot of time down there, and if you want any other pointers, let me know! I’ve only been once, but those were the places I went. It was one of the best trips I have EVER had and I never once went down to the tourist parts except when my dad took me down there!
OMG I could die.
OH and MAKE SURE that you pick up lunch at the airport (they have several options) before you get on the plane to return–typically they don’t refill the food for the planes returning to the US.

7 Chels R. April 27, 2012 at 11:44 am

Oh my lord…that steak, with the pinot noir looks perfect. And I totally just pinned those scallops and kale to my board on Pinterest.

8 Jillian April 27, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Thanks for the pin!!! :)

9 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice April 27, 2012 at 11:48 am

One night I had bb begging for pinkberry. He wanted me to “fly if he buys.” Boys….
I had scallops with kale and wheat berries earlier this week. I want to hear about this healthy lemon sauce.

10 Jillian April 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I posted about the sauce today! :)

11 Danielle April 27, 2012 at 11:56 am

i love those productive days! You got me craving gouda now haha. Totes going to dean & deluca for an assorted cheese pack during lunchtime.

12 Jillian April 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I always have like 4 kinds of cheese around – you never know what your going to be in the mood for! lol

13 Lisa April 27, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I love when I feel lazy and then all of a sudden I get a burst of productivity. Got to make the most of those days!