Slump

by Jillian on April 19, 2012 · 9 comments

So, I’ve been in a blogging slump lately. I’ve been in a bit of a life slump lately, I guess you can say. Some things are going on in my head and I’m not so sure I’m ready to talk about it on here, but I do have some delicious meals and new product finds to share!

I stopped at Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods (always a bad idea) after work on Tuesday. I picked up a few new finds that I’ve used since then.

Tuesdays dinner included goat cheese medallions from TJ’s. How convenient are these? 1 oz portions = perfect for crumbling on a salad!

I added strawberries and walnuts as well. I also sautéed broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic chicken sausage in olive oil and added some s&p.

Simple & easy dinner.

Wednesdays breakfast was a classic, but still good!

A whole wheat english muffin was toasted before topping one side with peanut butter & the other with almond butter. Then bananas, cinnamon, honey, & chia seeds were layered on.

Extra banana = great for a shmear of peanut butter.

After another wine tasting, we stopped at Joe’s restaurant for dinner.

I got my new favorite dish. Swordfish served over a farro salad and swiss chard in a lemon butter sauce with chive oil. I’ll be recreating the farro salad as soon as I find key lime juice! Amazing. (Doesn’t this piece of swordfish look like a heart!?)

Today, I used another new product. I can’t say that I haven’t had truffle oil before, because I definitely have! I just haven’t bought it in a while because it’s so darn expensive. $10 per 2 oz.!

I made Naomi’s baba ganoush, substituting truffle oil for the olive oil and truffle salt for the regular salt.

Obviously it would work just as well with chickpeas to make truffle hummus, which will be next on my list!

That’s about all kids.

1 clare @ fittingitallin April 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm

thinking about you <3

2 Jillian April 19, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Thanks Clare! I want to hear about your plans for health coaching! :) I need some motivation. Lots actually. :(

3 clare @ fittingitallin April 19, 2012 at 3:08 pm

I’m seeing clients right now..going very well! I absolutely LOVE it.

4 Lauren April 19, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hope everything is okay lady! I’m here if you need me. :)

5 Chels R. April 19, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I’m sorry to hear you are in a slump! Hope things get better. You are killing me with your food posts. I’m very jelly cuz we still don’t have TJ’s yet in Dallas. Soon though, I hope.

6 Megan @ The I Do Diaries April 19, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Slumps are never good, hope you get back to feeling good soon!

All your eats look and sound so delish. I love Trader Joe’s, there is always something new to discover there! I tend to shop there rather than Whole Foods since the prices are a little nicer on my wallet ;-) Thanks for sharing that link to the baba ganoush, I have been wanting to make my own for a while now!

7 Paige @ Running Around Normal April 19, 2012 at 8:50 pm

I love that goat cheese! So yummy and perfectly portioned :)

8 Lisa April 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Hope things are alright with you, and improve soon. I love all the PB in this post. And goat cheese. Its my love in my life right now.

9 Laura @joyful shimmy April 21, 2012 at 12:01 am

It’s ok! I have gone through my own blogging slumps. Life happens, things get busy, other things become a priority. It’s all good. It’s life.

On the goat cheese medallions from trader joes are the best. I feel like its my perfect indulgence