It was pretty busy at work last night and I didn’t get home and settled into bed until after 1:00AM, so when Joe’s alarm blared at 7:00 this morning, I was not a happy camper. However, we both ended up sleeping until about 9:00 and headed straight to the gym. Coffee is free at my gym so I asked for a cup as soon as they swiped my key fob. I stretched and sipped, trying to get myself motivated!
After about 20 minutes of that and some abdominal work, I felt ready to jump into some upper body lifting.
- lat cable pull down: 70 lb., 4 sets, 15 reps
- seated cable rows: 55 lb., 4 sets, 15 reps
- incline chest flys: 12 lb. dumbbells, 4 sets, 12 reps
- pushups to failure
- seated dumbbell military press: 12 lb. dumbbells, 4 sets, 12 reps
- bicep curl to shoulder press: 20 lb. bar (?), 4 sets, 15 reps
- bicep curls: 12 & 10 lb. dumbbells*, 4 sets, 12-18 reps
- triceps kickbacks: 5 lb. dumbbell, 4 sets each side, reps to failure (25, 20, 18, 15, etc.)
*for bicep curls, I started with a higher weight (12), then switched to 10 when I was fatigued.
way too much fun with the photo shake app.
I finished up with Tina’s treadmill tabata workout.
Breakfast was the same as yesterday.
I also ate half of a paleo muffin.
I used this recipe, substituting banana for coconut sugar, and strawberries for raspberries, and adding coconut butter on top when they came out of the oven, They are definitely not sweet enough for me, but I’ll definitely be doing some experimenting with paleo recipes down the road!
Off to do something before work. I hope you are all having a great weekend!