Sweaty Knees

by Jillian on March 23, 2012 · 11 comments

You know you had a good leg workout when your knees start to sweat!

Both of my knees were dripping! This has never happened to me before as far as I can remember. I started my workout with a few ab exercises and then hopped on the elliptical. I completed 20 minutes of intervals: 60 second 100% effort; 90 seconds 65% effort. That’s just an estimate, but you get it!

Next, I decided to try out running a mile in my new New Balance shoes.

The zero drop (meaning your foot is level to the ground as if you were barefoot) is tough to run in! My calves and hammies were burning! It will definitely take a while to get used to running in them. However, leg workouts are another story. I love how I can feel my muscles work harder during squats and dead lifts!

I continued to do the following:

• smith machine wide leg stance squats: 15 reps, 4 sets, 60 lbs.
  • barbell stiff leg dead lifts: 15-18 reps, 4 sets, 55 lbs.
  • squats with weighted plate held at chest: 3 sets, 12 reps, 35 lb.
  • wall sits: as long as I could hold, 3 times
  • bodyweight calf raises, one leg at a time, as many sets/reps until failure

Then I stretched and foam rolled the crap out of my legs.

Next up? Breakfast!

My favorite smoothie! Frozen banana, ice, almond milk, vanilla SunWarrior, blackberries, flax meal, and (the last bit of) spinach went into the blender. I poured it into a bowl of Erewhon brown rice crispies and it somehow pushed them all to the side to make this pretty little bowl!

I also enjoyed a cup of Starbuck’s coffee from my Keurig which tells me everyday to “prime”. I’m assuming that means I need to disassemble the entire damn thing and clean it out. I just keep saying “no, thank you” every morning to it. That’s probably not a good thing.

Now I’m arguing with Geico over my car insurance. In December, I backed into Joe’s car in the driveway. Obviously a complete and total accident and nothing serious. No one was hurt and it wasn’t a moving violation. Well, apparently they took away my “good driver” discount and now I am paying over $30 more a month! How ridiculous is that? I’ll be researching other insurance companies, stat.

I’m off to get ready for work and eat a quick lunch before heading out. Can you guess what it might be?

Duh! ;)

Happy Friday!

1 Lindsay @ Lindsay's List March 23, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Love my Keurig!! Prime? Did you piss it off? ;)

2 Jillian March 24, 2012 at 9:19 am

Haha I must have! I read that I need to clean it out, like take it apart, UGH…

3 chelsey @ clean eating chelsey March 23, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I always get mad at myself for not getting a Keurig!

4 Jillian March 24, 2012 at 9:18 am

I love it! Coffee from the french press is nice once in a while but the Keurig makes it way too easy — and now that they have Starbucks, it’s perfect!

5 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice March 23, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I hate that the starbucks k-cups are so expensive. I have not tried them yet.
I’ve gone a a few runs in my nb zero’s I love it! My calves definitely feel it. I’m seriously considering the brooks pure line – I want to go try them on.
Gotta try your leg workout too! And respond to your email!

6 Lauren March 23, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Oh yes, sweaty knees! I love when the crease of my forearm sweats when I do arms. It makes me feel like I’m so bad ass. :) Happy weekend darling!

7 Lisa March 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Haha love the sweaty knees, when I do spin class my elbows are always sweaty (kinda weird), That leg workout looks killer! And your smoothie looks delicious! Enjoy your friday!

8 Marilyn March 23, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Clean the Kuerig. If you treat it well, it will treat you well!

9 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish March 24, 2012 at 1:49 am

Awesome leg workout! I focused on mine today too, so I’m pretty sure they’ll be hating me tomorrow. :-p As far as sweaty knees go: Even when I’m not working my legs they drip! Ick. I wish I knew how to make it stop! Maybe sweatbands for legs?

Your goat cheese + walnut salad looks delicious! Do I spy beets in there too? xoxo <3

10 emily March 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

hi!!! should i get those NB shoes? Are they worth it??

11 Jillian March 28, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I like them a lot for my leg workouts! I usually only wear them for those because they are super hard to run in, you have to get used to them!!