Well hello there! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. When I don’t post for a day or two, a bunch of thoughts build up. Sometimes I feel like I restrict myself as to what I let myself write on here. I’m trying to get out of that habit, so here goes for a random bunch of stories and facts.
1. Yesterday, Joe and I went on an eating and drinking spree in the city. We started out at home as soon as we woke up. A bottle of champagne kicked off the morning with muddled blackberries and agave. After that was finished, we moved onto a dozen year old bottle of pinot noir.
We polished off the asiago cheese we had in the fridge with the wine and decided it was time to move on to bigger and better things.
Our first stop was Garage in the west village in NYC. They have jazz brunch and an option for unlimited bloody marys and mimosas. That pretty much made the decision for us. We split a raw bar sampler and the benedict trilogy, which was basically 3 types of eggs benedicts: lobster, crab, and filet. Enough said.
Next stop was the Blind Tiger. We love this spot because they have a great selection of rotating beers. I went with the Lagunitas Doppel Weizen first and was really happy with my choice. Joe even said he wants to bring it into the restaurant for spring. My second brew was Allagash White, which I’ve had there before and knew I liked. We also ordered a cheese and meat plate, which had a phenomenal cheese called cambozola (brie with a hint of blue).
Next up was John’s brick oven pizza. We used to go there a lot. It’s right across the street from the Blind Tiger on Bleeker street. In our opinion, the best pizza in NYC. I guess we can’t fairly judge that until we try every option, which isn’t really too far out of our realm. At this point, we were just ready to eat. No more alcohol for us! I did, however, scrape J+J on the seat since it was clearly highly encouraged seeing as though every booth and table was covered!
Lastly, as we were walking to the train to head home, we spotted a tiramisu bar called Dolce Vizio. Of course, I wanted something sweet. I ordered the nutella tiramisu and Joe got the caramel. We both had an espresso as well.
I have no idea why I threw change on the table instead of back in my wallet. The tiramisu was just alright, nothing to write home about. Literally, since my mom is a tiramisu lover.
And that pretty much concluded our day of eating and drinking. We face planted in bed as soon as we got home and proceeded to wake up at midnight and not be able to fall back asleep until 3am! Despite only getting 6 hours of sleep, I was still quite productive today.
2. Joe pointed out that our dishwasher was calling me names.
Does anyone know what that means? Seriously?
3. We started this 2.5 lb. jar of peanut butter on February 8th. I give it another 10 days, and that’s only because I will be out of town for 5 of them.
Also, how much do you think they paid for peanutbutter.com?
4. It was my day at the grocery store today. I obviously got a lot more, but this is just the stuff I wanted to point out.
I came across this pasta sauce that had pretty good stats and added omega 3s, and was 10/$10 (basically $1 even if you only buy one), so I picked it up for a future meal. I also found a 12 pack of Thomas’ whole wheat english muffins for $2.49. I didn’t really need them, but for $2.49…I need them. Froze those pups as soon as I got home.
Chobani was 10/$10. I only scooped up 5 since I’m going out of town this weekend. But for some reason, one of the Chobani’s came up as only $.50.
After the $1.00 cost and personal thanks -$.50 (for what? eating my bodyweight in greek yogurt? your welcome.), it was only $.50, so I threw an extra one in my cart.
5. I ran 7.5 miles today following this progressive long run but adding some extra time. This included a 1 minute warm up and cool down.
If only treadmills would let you run more than 70 minutes….
6. I used one of those english muffins faster than I thought I would.
Egg and hummus paired with a spinach, almond, and raspberry salad with Panera’s poppy seed dressing.
7. I’ve been humming Flo Rida – Wild Ones (feat. Sia) for like 3 days. I finally decided to download it this morning after hearing it in my car on the way home from the gym.
8. I thought I had a toothache but I think it’s a sinus infection. I always forget, but every time I have a sinus infection it bothers my back molars because when your sinuses are inflamed, they press on your teeth nerves. Weird right? I better get to the doc….and start blowing my nose instead of….ugh, I won’t go there.
9. Adobe came out with Adobe Touch for iPad today. I’m thinking about purchasing it. It looks pretty neat!
10. I kept mentioning that I am going away this weekend. Well, it’s finally here! The Institute for Integrative Nutrition Mega Conference in Long Beach, California. But more importantly, I’m going for a few extra days to see my best friend/future bride Claire! She moved out to Cali after we graduated college and she’s getting married this October!
I’m liking these random lists. I hope you don’t mind more in the future! Happy Monday!