Walking Incline Intervals & Warm Bloobs

by Jillian on February 24, 2012 · 14 comments

I just can’t shake this sickness. I don’t understand. I don’t know if it’s allergies because it’s non-stop and has been on and off since the beginning of February, or if it’s me adjusting to a new work environment and being around a lot of people. In any event, it’s just annoying. I hate sore throats. I hate sniffles. I hate coughing. And I hate waking up and feeling like dog poo.

Despite my being sick and lacking a blog post yesterday, I did manage to test out my Garmin 405cx as I had hoped. I did a quick 5K around the nearby park.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to transfer the data to my Mac. It always errors, so I can’t get a funky little spreadsheet style summary of my run. I guess that is why everyone takes pictures of their wrist instead? Any help would be appreciated.

Today’s Workout

Although I woke up complaining as usual that I wasn’t feeling the gym and I still felt under the weather, I forced myself. I knew I’d feel much better than hanging out in bed for another hour. Also, I feel more compelled to go when Joe does. I planned to do legs today. I was going to take it easy, but I ended up getting in quite a good workout.

I’m loving the 10 second rest deal. I get in some cardio from lifting and I’m sweating before I even get to the treadmill! I ended my workout with some serious incline walking intervals.

Walking Incline Interval Workout

DO NOT HOLD ON TO THE TREADMILL!

*this took me a little over 30 minutes to complete

Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 1.25.30 PM

As you can see, I added a little sprint at the end. This is where jello legs kick in if you do the leg workout prior to this. I loved every second!

Breakfast

I knew I wanted the usual breakfast bake, but I wanted to do something different. As soon as I saw blueberries in the fridge, I knew what was up.

I made Ashley’s quick bake as usual by subbing oat flour. I added bloobs which was a fantastic decision. Why is it that blueberries taste so much better when they are warmed up? I love how they explode purple and taste 10x better. I don’t understand it but I’ll take it.

The final addition was Barney butter smooth almond butter, only the best! The first bite was like PB&J!

YUM!!!!!!

Okay, now that my breakfast excitement is over, I must go get ready for work. Ciao!

1 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 24, 2012 at 2:25 pm

That sick feeling is the worst–it’s mentally and physically draining! I hope you do finally get better soon!

2 Jillian February 25, 2012 at 1:12 pm

It’s awful! I wish it would go away already!

3 Marilyn February 24, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I think when the blueberries get like that, they taste better because it’s the way they taste in desserts! Get well soon!

4 Lydia February 24, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I sync my Garmin 405CX with the Garmin Connect website and with DailyMile. I have a PC, though, but haven’t had any troubles.

5 Jillian February 25, 2012 at 1:12 pm

That is what I was trying to do and it kept failing. I read about Mac’s having issues with it. Bummer. :(

6 Lauren February 24, 2012 at 7:34 pm

Oooohh I haven’t made a breakfast cake is ages! Perhaps this will be breakfast tomorrow! Happy weekend darling.

7 Kristabel@RaceReady February 24, 2012 at 8:58 pm

I LOVE Barney’s almond butter. I buy it off Amazon because it gets expensive with the amount I consume. ;-)

8 Jillian February 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Good to know! I bought my last batch off of OpenSky. I got a really good deal. 4 mini jars for $15 after discount + credits that I had! When I run out I’ll have to check amazon!

9 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 25, 2012 at 12:14 pm

I think the time has come…I now NEED to try this breakfast bake that you rave about. The warm blueberries were the final seller this morning. Oh, my yum. I’ve actually never been a huge raw blueberry fan, but I looove them in baked goods. Can’t wait to try this!

Hope you’re having a fabulous Saturday, love!

10 Jillian February 25, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Yes, you must try it! I even make them for dessert sometimes and add a tablespoon of dark cocoa powder! So yummy! I hope you are having a great weekend!

11 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 26, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Have you ever used a heart rate moniter? What are your thoughts on it? Would you suggest I get one?

12 Jillian February 27, 2012 at 4:36 pm

I think if you are trying to get an accurate calorie burn, it’s a good idea to get one. The machines at the gym always overestimate. Also, it lets you know if you are keeping your heart rate up to what percent of your max you want to be at. I got my Mom one for Christmas. She loves it! She even used it for shoveling snow and found that she burned 250 calories in a half hour. My Garmin has a heart rate monitor on it but I haven’t tried it yet. I can’t wait to test it out.

13 Paige @ Running Around Normal February 27, 2012 at 11:57 am

I love incline walking to change it up :) Hope you feel 100% soon!