30 Minute 3 Mile Pyramid Run

by Jillian on February 6, 2012 · 14 comments

First off…. GOOOOO GIANTS!

new-york-giants-logo

This weekend was both extremely busy and fun! Friday night, I got home quite late after hostessing at the restaurant. I never understood until now how having a glass of wine and winding down after dealing with people all night is completely necessary. Saturday was similar, especially because I worked my first double. I got in at 10:30 AM, served, changed, and then hostessed until 11PM. A brick oven pizza and a cocktail was definitely necessary before heading home Saturday night. It’s fun to hang out and wind down with all the employees after hours, though, so I see why Joe ends up getting home so late on the weekends.

Last night, a large crowd of us went out for the super bowl. I ate just about every junk food you could possibly imagine (ie. pizza, nachos, burgers, fries, and wings) and loved every second of it. I was not about to “healthify” my super bowl eats. I enjoyed a few beers, and lots of food! After a nerve-racking 4th quarter, I was happy that my Giants won! Especially because I’m not a huge Tom Brady fan. It has nothing to do with football, but I have always held a grudge since he started dating Gisele while Bridget Moynahan was pregnant with his child. Is it just me?

giseletombridget

Anyway, needless to say, this morning was a late start. Joe headed into work while I got started on my day. I really wanted to get to the gym since I had taken a few unplanned days off last week. After coffee and a piece of toast with peanut butter, I headed out to get in a quick workout.

I wanted to take it a little easy since my stomach was still suffering a bit from last night’s greasy food! I had a 30 minute Integrative Nutrition lecture to listen to, so I opted for a 3 mile tempo-ish run.

Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 1.18.07 PM

Afterwards, I did about 20 minutes of random ab exercises, stretching, and foam rolling.

Breakfast

Typical green smoothie made with dark cocoa powder, spinach, protein powder, almond milk, flax meal, stevia, ice, and a pinch of xanath to thicken.  I opted for half of a grapefruit on the side for some carbs and sugar to refuel.

I always feel like I need leafy greens to sort of “detoxify” after a day of unhealthy eats.

Despite waking up later than I’d wanted, I got a lot accomplished today already!

• a load of laundry
  • 1 hour of cPT studying
  • 1 IIN lecture (during my run)
  • gym/shower/breakfast
  • cooked a batch of millet
  • painted my nails
  • ordered protein powder and shakes from Netrition
  • emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up the pizza and wine from last night, yeah…..

I hope you all had fun on Super Bowl Sunday and didn’t have too hard of a time getting back into the groove this Monday morning! I’ll be heading in to work at 4:00.

• Thoughts on Tom Brady/Gisele/Bridget?

1 Marilyn February 6, 2012 at 1:57 pm

I am so happy the Giants won. Not only is Eli a great QB, but he is such a cutie pie! Sounds like you are working hard. I give you a lot of credit working with the public. Enjoy that wind down at the end of your shift!

2 Jordan @ food, sweat, and beers February 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Just a heads up, this title says a 30 mile run!!

3 Jillian February 8, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Hahah I realized that when it came up in my reader. UGH! I look badass I guess, 30 miles!?

4 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice February 6, 2012 at 2:14 pm

I blogged during the super bowl, haha. I don’t know I haven’t really gotten into it the past couple years. I’m jealous of your smoothies every morning. I try to be a good roommate and not bust out the blender in the am.

5 Jillian February 6, 2012 at 2:30 pm

When I lived with roommates, I used to put almond milk and protein powder in a shaker and shake it up like crazy after the gym. Definitely not as good, but it was a great alternative!

6 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill February 6, 2012 at 2:26 pm

I completely agree with you about the whole Tom Brady thing–leaving your pregnant girlfriend makes you an asshole (sorry, no other word would suffice) in my mind. I was so happy to see t he Giants win, especially after they beat the Ravens (grrr, I’m still bitter!).

7 Jillian February 6, 2012 at 2:31 pm

There’s always next year… And it always comes so quick! Hope to see an e-mail from you soon since NYFW is coming up! :)

8 Steph @ StephSnacks February 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I am not the biggest Tom Brady fan.. he seems like quite the conceited individual. That being said, I’m from NY so I don’t like anything Patriots-related!

9 Lauren February 6, 2012 at 8:37 pm

I agree, TB isn’t so hot anymore and did you hear about all of the drama with Gisele? Apparently she got caught talking sh*t last night on camera about Tom’s performance….please, what a hot mess this couple is!

Glad you had a good weekend dear.

10 Jillian February 7, 2012 at 10:29 am

Joe was telling me this morning about Gisele! How crazy is that! lol

11 Ash Bear February 6, 2012 at 8:59 pm

I love this treadmill workout! I’ll have to try using it later in the week!

12 kristen @ livinlifeinlouie February 6, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I just found you on Caitlyn’s Healhthy Tipping Point and I love sprinkles too!!! and i love green smoothies too. Can’t wait to follow your blogs!

13 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 7, 2012 at 11:52 am

It sounds like hostessing has been a lot of fun! I’d need that glass of wine after a long day like yours too though! Amen for vino. ;)

I am ridiculously attracted to Tom Brady, but hate him for leaving Bridget during pregnancy. Why is it that I’m always into men with bad character? Gah.

Hope you’re having a fab week! xoxo

14 Kathleen @ KatsHealthCorner February 8, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Now I really regret not having any cocoa powder right now — your smoothie sounds delicious! :)