Workout Playlist: Top 10 Songs

by Jillian on January 30, 2012 · 7 comments

It’s Monday again! Although, I need to get myself better acquainted with my new schedule. Mondays will not always mean a new work week, which I am totally cool with.

My throat has been scratchy and burning the last few days. I don’t know what’s up, but that combined with a food and drink comma last night called for a rest day today.

I will, however, leave you with some songs that are currently on my workout playlist. These will be what gets me back at it tomorrow morning! Some are old and some are new, but I picked some of my favorites to share with you guys. A few songs that are on here might seem odd for a workout playlist, but they really get me in the zone! I listen to Sirius XMU and Alt Nation on Sirius satellite radio, which is where I get a lot of my songs from.

Screen Shot 2012-01-30 at 8.06.45 PM

• What songs get you moving?

1 Danielle January 30, 2012 at 10:54 pm

Great list! Especially like that Group Love song. I have Sirius XM in my car and am pretty obsessed with downloading songs I hear on those stations. A couple of my new faves for the gym, (and speed-walking to work from the car to the train to the subway!) are Oblivion by Grimes and Don’t Let it Get to You by Rostam Batmanglij – chem ‘em out!

2 Jordan Lynn (Ciao Cow) January 31, 2012 at 6:04 am

I am going to have to check some of these out. I am desperately in need of some new workout songs! I am a huge David Guetta fan; his Nothing But the Beat album is an awesome workout soundtrack. Gracias for sharing!

3 Jillian February 3, 2012 at 3:19 pm

I need to download the whole album! I’m sure if I like one song I’ll like the rest!

4 Chels R. January 31, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Love that Flo Rida song. One of my faves right now. I am also loving the Calvin Harris song ‘Feel So Close’…and Afrojack’s ‘Take Over Control’.

5 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 1, 2012 at 1:31 am

‘Without You’ always kicks off a good workout for me. I also love blaring “Born This Way” when I’m on the treadmill. It’s amazing what a difference affirming songs can do for a workout! Thanks for sharing this list…it will be fun to spin to fresh music tomorrow. :)

I hope you wake up feeling better! I’ve had a lingering sore throat/fatigue for a week now. It’s time to kick it to the curb! xoxo

6 Laura February 2, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I loooove good feeling by flo rida! It’s so motivating, I always catch myself dancing to it on the treadmill. Kiiiiiind of embarrasing :) I’ve been following your blog for a little while and wanted to say congratulations on your new career decision! It’s always best to do what you’re most excited about in your heart- if the passion isn’t there it isn’t worth it!!

7 Jillian February 3, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Thank you so much! I’m very excited!

I love that song, too! It’s the perfect workout song. I need more like it!