Whirlwind of a Day

by Jillian on January 17, 2012 · 10 comments

Wow, today has been a whirlwind. I woke up this morning in one of those states where you are so confused about what is going on and why you are awake and wondering if you are late for something. I couldn’t fall asleep last night. Anyway, today looked a little bit like this:

5:00 AM: Joe wakes up to go to the gym. Jill doesn’t even budge, so he lets her sleep.

7:00 AM: Jill wakes up to Joe coming home from the gym, confused as ever.

7:30 AM: Joe is yelling to get my butt out of bed because I have to drive him to jury duty (bummer).

8:00 AM: I throw on my gym clothes and we leave. We hit lots of traffic.

9:00 AM: I arrive home, starving, and opt to go to the gym later. I eat a quick breakfast.

9:30 AM: I do a quick tabata workout in the living room. I made up these two circuits.

• Jumping jacks

• Left side plank
  • Plank to push up
  • Plank jacks
  • Leg raises
  • Reverse crunch
  • Russian twist

10:00 AM – 12:00PM: Did some work.

12:00 PM: Drank a quick smoothie for lunch and got ready to leave.

1:00 PM: Arrived at Joe’s restaurant to grab some paper work.

1:30 PM: Snacked on a random 70 calorie sample bar I received with a Netrition order. Nothing to write home about.

2:00 PM: Meeting

3:00 PM: Stopped at the mall (whoops!)

4:00 PM: Snack on some almonds.

4:50 PM: Arrived at the gym. Did 20 minutes of HIIT on the stairmaster and 15 minutes on the treadmill.

5:50 PM: Arrive home, famished, grab a piece of pizza from Sunday night and dig in while heating up dinner.

5:55 PM: I realize how happy I am that I finally got Joe to install this yesterday. Saves so much space.

6:00 PM: Eat my real dinner. You guys will see this stir-fry recipe soon. It’s a winner!

Whew! And guess what? It’s not over. I need to get a shower because I’m super sweaty from the gym. I have more work to do and I need to get in 1 hour of CPT studying tonight. MUST.

Which means I need to skidaddle! Bye!

1 Sara @ Nourish and Flourish January 17, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Sounds like a super crazy day! I definitely know what you mean about waking up completely confused…it happens to me whenever I set my alarm extra early.

Question: What certification are you getting? I recently (as in yesterday–ha!) decided to become a personal trainer, and I’m leaning towards NASM, but want to talk to people before I hand over hundreds of dollars (these certs are SO expensive!).

Hope the rest of your night is more relaxing! xo

2 Jillian January 17, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I am doing it through ACSM which is definitely as recognized (if not more) than NASM. I’ve heard wonderful things about NASM, but I spoke with a trainer at my gym who went through ACSM and he recommended it. After reading about it, I went with that but I heard that the test is really hard! Also, look for books on e-bay if you can. If you take the seminars, they sometimes give tickets for a discounted test pass (the test is over $200!) Good luck!! Let me know what you decide! :)

3 Lauren January 17, 2012 at 8:24 pm

That does sound like quite the day but bonus for the paper towel holder! I was actually just thinking I need to get a new one the other day.

Get some rest tonight girl! :)

4 alyssa - fashion fitness foodie January 17, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Love your kitchen blacksplash…

Hope you have a more relaxed day tomorrow!

5 Jillian January 18, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Thanks! It’s so funny, I miss the small things like that in pictures. I had to go back and look at it! :)

6 Colleen @ Jimmy Choos on the Treadmill January 17, 2012 at 9:31 pm

I have been waking up every single morning with that same feeling. I panic that I’m going to be late so I first wake up at 4am and then wake up again thinking that it’s like 9am. In reality, I’m right on time! (Whew!)

7 Jillian January 18, 2012 at 12:58 pm

When I first started my full time job and was waking up at 4:45, that always happened to me! The worst is when your alarm doesn’t go off for some reason (usually you forget to set it but blame it on your iPhone) and you wake up still on time but not when your alarm was supposed to go off! I get so angry!

8 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner January 18, 2012 at 9:10 am

Oh my goodness, I know exactly what you mean about waking up, all confused, not sure about what’s going on, where I am, and what just happened…even though I’m always safe at home in my bed.

In fact, just this morning I woke up after a nightmare and just felt terrible! and thought it was all real! Who am I, a five year old?!

9 Jillian January 18, 2012 at 12:56 pm

It rarely happens to me but it is usually when I haven’t gotten much sleep! I hate that feeling!

10 Chels R. January 18, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Crazy day but looks like you got a lot done! Looking fwd to that recipe!