Spicy Oats

by Jillian on December 31, 2011 · 7 comments

I’m too busy thinking about all of the new and good things in 2012 to reflect on 2011. How about that? I’m not saying that nothing good came out of 2011. Heck, I started this blog, I started studying at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I bought supplies to study to become a personal trainer. I made a huge decision, that I haven’t told you yet. But really, all of the positive changes from these things won’t come until 2012. So, bring on the NEW YEAR!

My last breakfast of 2011 sucked. Sure, my coconut oats looked fine.

But underneath…a disaster. Why? Because I mistakenly grabbed the crushed red pepper flakes rather than cinnamon.

Spicy oats will never be a groundbreaking new recipe. That is for sure.

After moping around all day, I thought it was finally time to get my ass off the couch and off of my crackPad (iPad) and get ready. But first things first, COFFEE. How else could I stay up until 4 am these days? Really.

I tried out my new coconut creamer and limited edition gingerbread K-cup. Yumsies!

Then, I proceeded to get ready in the bathroom with my coffee. That always reminds me of college. I’d always have coffee before going out to give myself an extra boost, and I’d always drink it while doing my hair and makeup.

Now I’m just waiting for my curlers to set.

Aren’t you glad the last picture I’m giving you of myself in 2011 is so nice?!

Headed to Joe’s restaurant to be the cute little coat checker girl (and enjoy some champagne of course). Let’s hope I leave with enough money to buy myself a Windows license so I can run LiveWriter on my Mac!

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!

1 Kody December 31, 2011 at 6:40 pm

What do you have to do to get Windows Live Writer on a mac? I’ve been wondering for a while!

2 Jillian January 2, 2012 at 9:52 am

Hi Kody! You have to buy parallels which allows you to run Windows programs on a Mac. You then have to purchase a Windows license separately. I bought Parallels but never got the license. I’ve heard it’s pretty easy and use friendly, so I’ll definitely post about it if I decide to do it.

3 Shanna, like Banana December 31, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Ooo your makeup looks GREAT! Beautiful girl! Have fun :)

4 Jillian January 2, 2012 at 9:51 am

Thanks lady! I hope you had a great new year with the new addition!! :)

5 Marilyn December 31, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Happy New Year!!

6 Stephanie December 31, 2011 at 9:28 pm

I have been thinking about starting the program at IIN. Instead, I just started a training program with Wellcoaches to become a Health and Wellness Coach. What are your goals after finishing your program? I pass my exam to be a personal trainer in August. It was a great decision. I have learned so much. It looks like we have a lot in common! I love your blog.

7 Jillian January 2, 2012 at 9:50 am

Hi Stephanie! Congrats on passing your PT exam. That’s awesome! I want to use the PT certificate and Health Coach certificate together and sort of combine the service for clients. That is the plan right now, I just need to finish both! I’m glad I came across your blog too!