I realize that I’ve totally neglected to post my October goals. However, without realizing, I’ve already accomplished a few. It felt so good last month to see how much I really got done, so I want to continue the trend.
First things first, though. I woke up bright and early this morning (and I mean like, an hour before my alarm went off at 4:35, yeah, misery) for boot camp. It was a demo week so there were some extra people in the class. I missed the gym yesterday, so I had a lot of energy. Even after an hour of boot camp, I still managed to run 5 miles.
Post gym was my normal morning routine: a smoothie, a shower, and an annoying commute to work. Good thing that I have my mid morning snack to look forward to–a Banana Choco Chip Vitatop. I’m such a sucker for new flavors.
Lots of chocolate chips in this one!
I spotted a pumpkin spice soy misto on Lauren‘s blog and have been meaning to try it since I love my soy misto’s so much. Verdict: Approved!
Last month, I mentioned how I have never really been a “goal” person, but more of a to-do list. I’ve realized some things over the course of the month. My to-do lists continue to expand, I become more and more overwhelmed, and then nothing gets done. Setting short-term realistic goals helps me stay productive and feel accomplished. As much as I want to get everything done, I need to prioritize. So, here are the important things I want to accomplish in October, presented a bit different from September.
- Organize rooms in the house, one by one. I’ve already finished the kitchen and this past weekend I did the laundry room. I haven’t really gone through and cleaned out old crap in so long, so it is much needed. I want to complete the office and the bedroom by the end of October.
- Start looking over and preparing for my new plan of action in the career department. I recently received my box of goodies and can’t wait to start! More details on this when I actually begin.
- Seriously track my finances and monthly spending. I’ve setup an excel file of my monthly expenses and am trying to cut back on unnecessary things.
That’s it! Really. I have some other exciting things going on this month so alloting time for cleaning and organizing the house is important to me before I embark on my new journey that I’ve mentioned. It will definitely take up some precious time starting in November, so I want to get everything else out of the way beforehand.
Some fun events for October:
- Lady Foot Locker event this week (I will post about it this weekend)
- Possibly the Rock ‘n’ Roll New York 10K (yes, its next weekend and I still haven’t registered)
- NYC Blogger Playdate 2: I missed last time so I am hoping to make it out this time!