October Goals

by Jillian on October 11, 2011 · 13 comments

I realize that I’ve totally neglected to post my October goals. However, without realizing, I’ve already accomplished a few. It felt so good last month to see how much I really got done, so I want to continue the trend.

First things first, though. I woke up bright and early this morning (and I mean like, an hour before my alarm went off at 4:35, yeah, misery) for boot camp. It was a demo week so there were some extra people in the class. I missed the gym yesterday, so I had a lot of energy. Even after an hour of boot camp, I still managed to run 5 miles.

Post gym was my normal morning routine: a smoothie, a shower, and an annoying commute to work. Good thing that I have my mid morning snack to look forward to–a Banana Choco Chip Vitatop. I’m such a sucker for new flavors.

Lots of chocolate chips in this one!

I spotted a pumpkin spice soy misto on Lauren‘s blog and have been meaning to try it since I love my soy misto’s so much. Verdict: Approved!

October Goals

Last month, I mentioned how I have never really been a “goal” person, but more of a to-do list. I’ve realized some things over the course of the month. My to-do lists continue to expand, I become more and more overwhelmed, and then nothing gets done. Setting short-term realistic goals helps me stay productive and feel accomplished. As much as I want to get everything done, I need to prioritize. So, here are the important things I want to accomplish in October, presented a bit different from September.

• Organize rooms in the house, one by one. I’ve already finished the kitchen and this past weekend I did the laundry room. I haven’t really gone through and cleaned out old crap in so long, so it is much needed. I want to complete the office and the bedroom by the end of October.

• Start looking over and preparing for my new plan of action in the career department. I recently received my box of goodies and can’t wait to start! More details on this when I actually begin.

• Seriously track my finances and monthly spending. I’ve setup an excel file of my monthly expenses and am trying to cut back on unnecessary things.

That’s it! Really. I have some other exciting things going on this month so alloting time for cleaning and organizing the house is important to me before I embark on my new journey that I’ve mentioned. It will definitely take up some precious time starting in November, so I want to get everything else out of the way beforehand.

Some fun events for October:

1 Bonnie October 11, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I’m so curious about your “new journey” and job thoughts…can’t wait to hear more about your life direction. Nice work on your goals! Also, you’ve been baking up some delicious-looking treats that I would love to try soon! Enjoy this fall month and keep making it a good one! :D

2 Jillian October 12, 2011 at 9:56 am

Thanks Bonnie! I will definitely be doing a full post on my new journey soon!!

3 Natalie @ Cinnamon Bums October 11, 2011 at 8:22 pm

hey, just found your blog and i’m really enjoying it! that banana choco chip vita top looks awesome! and i love that you wrote out your goals – i think that’s a great way to keep yourself accountable (i need to do that!)

ps was just in new york a couple weekends ago! i go to school in cambridge ma but have worked/lived in new york before!

4 Jillian October 12, 2011 at 9:55 am

New York is great! I feel like anyone who has lived here just knows the feeling of being in the middle of everything and even after moving out of the city, it always sticks with you!! :)

5 Laura @Joyful shimmy October 11, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Congrats Jill Ian on this new journey. I am 3/4 of the way through my IIN program it’s been a great experience thus far in helping others. Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to provide support and answer questions. I know you will be a great coach

6 Jillian October 12, 2011 at 9:52 am

Thanks Laura! I am so excited to start the program!

7 Amy October 12, 2011 at 11:08 am

I seriously need to track my spending too. I made a budget for myself a while back, but have yet to follow it. Have you heard of Mint? It’s an app that you can use either on your phone or computer that tracks your spending for you. I know a lot of people that use it and love it, I’m going to give it a whirl soon.

8 Jillian October 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Ooo! No I haven’t, but will definitely check it out!

9 Shayla @ The Good Life October 14, 2011 at 1:22 pm

I’m excited to hear about your career plans and looking forward to following you on your new journey! :)

10 Jillian October 14, 2011 at 2:26 pm

Thanks for stopping by! Checking out your blog as I am responding!! :)