Sweating and Baking

by Jillian on September 22, 2011 · 16 comments

Sweating and baking — I have been doing a lot of both! I have to say that this morning was one of the top sweatiest workouts of my life. Bootcamp left me dripping all over the place. It was actually quite gross. Sorry I’m not sorry. It was a great conditioning class focusing on cardio, legs, and core. We ran 5 laps in between each exercise and worked on legs since Tuesday killed our shoulders.

After class, one of the women said to me “a shower and a big cup of coffee are going to feel so good after this”. She definitely got me thinking. I normally stay and do some cardio after bootcamp, but I felt like I’d gotten a great workout in and I was so done with sweating. Instead, I did some ab exercises, stretched, and headed home.

I made myself that big cup of coffee, and even added some pumpkin spice into the coffee grinds. While I waited for the Bodum, I made breakfast.

Confession: I’ve been loving these breakfast bakes. I met Katie from Healthy Diva Eats at the Healthy Living Summit and have been loving her blog ever since! I made a similar version of Katie’s with protein frosting and now I am hooked. The only thing is that I sub out the oat bran for old fashion oats blended into powder form. This morning I made mine with apple sauce instead of pumpkin and used cinnamon for taste. I also didn’t blend the oats because I was impatient. Still marvelous.

The protein frosting was made with vanilla SunWarrior, sunflower seed butter, applesauce, and cinnamon.

So addicting! Protein, whole grain carbs, and good fats. Can’t beat it! Last week’s dinner variations were pumpkin (similar to Katie’s, topped with blended frozen banana) and chocolate made with chocolate PB, dark cocoa, applesauce, etc. and topped with whip and sprinks, duh. The combinations are endless!

After getting ready, I headed to my 1 year LASIK checkup appointment. I grabbed a complimentary Keurig Dunkin Donuts chocolate glazed donut coffee. Always a pleasure.

I can’t believe it’s been a year already. I have 20/15 vision…yeah!

That’s me right after surgery, haha!

The reason I was MIA yesterday was because I stayed up late Tuesday making these.

It was my boss’s birthday. Mrs. Field’s cookie cakes are normally a big hit around the office so I decided to make my own. I wasn’t about to transport a big ass cookie, so I did the next best thing: mini chocolate chip cookie cakes with dark chocolate buttercream frosting. AND SPRINKLES!

I got to bed late Tuesday and woke up on Wednesday not only super tired, but so sore from Tuesday’s bootcamp that I could barely move. Rest day it was, and it felt divine.

Also, I am extending the Mamma Chia giveaway until Friday night. I know you all want some free Mamma Chia, so go get in your entries! I finished my last sample today and raspberry passion is by far my favorite!

1 Eftychia September 22, 2011 at 12:50 pm

All desserts look delicious!

2 Marilyn September 22, 2011 at 12:55 pm

You are getting to be quite the baker. I baked a lot when I was pregnant with you, so maybe that’s where it’s coming from! I don’t consider myself much of a baker, and I was never as creative as you are! I am very impressed!

3 Amy September 22, 2011 at 12:59 pm

My boyfriend makes a “protein pudding” at night with extended protein. He has this brownie flavor that no joke tastes like brownie batter, I snuggle up real close every night when he’s eating it so I can get a taste =P

4 Jillian September 22, 2011 at 2:52 pm

Sounds yummy! You should steal the recipe from him and post it! lol

5 Amy September 22, 2011 at 3:25 pm

He bought a brownie flavored protein powder offline and mixes in juuuust enough milk to make it thick and creamy, eezy peezy yet super tasty!

6 Lauren September 22, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I love breakfast bakes but haven’t made one in so long!! Now that its colder in the mornings, I foresee these in my future breakfasts. What in the world is a Mrs. Fields Cookie Cake? They look amazing whatever they are!

7 Jillian September 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm

It’s a 12 inch (or bigger) cookie with frosting… so yummy!

8 Ashley @ Freckles & Spice September 22, 2011 at 2:51 pm

I love the choc. cookie cakes. My mom used to make me cookie cakes for my birthday with green frosting!
I’ve been adding cinnamon in my coffee grounds. I need to buy pumpkin pie spice so I can try this. Cheap and easy pumpkin coffee brewed at home – Yes please!

9 Molly September 22, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Lasik! So jealous – it used to be no problem for me to wear contacts all day, but lately my eyes have been SUPER dry, and glasses are a pain. Are you happy with it?

Also those cupcakes look so cute!

10 Jillian September 23, 2011 at 9:43 am

Yes! It was so worth the money! I don’t regret it at all. I had problems with my contacts every day. I work in front of a computer so half way through the day my contacts would be so dry and I’d be playing with them.. it was just bad. Just don’t skimp — go with the most reputable doctor no matter what the price is!

11 Shanna, like Banana September 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Those cookie bites turned out so good!

I keep seeing Katie’s peanut butter frosting and always drool. I think I’m going to keep my eyes peeled for the peanut flower and make it ;)

BTW, I bought the same frosting kit through Amazon!

12 Jillian September 23, 2011 at 11:45 am

Yay! I love it! I want to bake all the time now…wait til you see what else i bought,.. I am posting today!

13 Katherine September 22, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I’ve seen microwave muffins on a few blogs and I finally tried them the other day, sooo good! I love the different variations you can make and can basically throw in any ingredients you have lying around haha

14 Jillian September 23, 2011 at 9:44 am

I know! They’re so addicting, it’s like eating cake, especially when you make the protein icing with it!

15 katie September 24, 2011 at 8:50 am

Well miss beautiful love, your breakfast oat creations looks SO good! Maybe make mine next time?! Love it! Thanks for the link and thanks for the sweet words! I was so happy to meet you at HLS, wish we could of hung out more! As you know, I am glad we met, it led me to your blog, and I love it! How could I not? I mean you make yummy things, have great style, and its PINK! <3

Happy Weekend! Sorry just commenting now, in the middle of a move, been crazy!!

xoxo <3

16 Jillian September 24, 2011 at 4:54 pm

I made the pumpkin one! I just didn’t have the picture on my camera when I posted that, lol. So good, and so addicting. I hope your move went well!! :)