I’ve wanted to recreate this dish ever since I tasted it. I recently had quinoa with curry kale at a concert. I attempted a similar recipe using a sample of Kelapo virgin coconut oil from my HLS swag bag and a store bought curry sauce.
Curry Kale & Chickpea Quinoa
This recipe mixes beans, greens, and grains with a mild sauce to create the perfect balance.
Yield: about 6 servings
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- two 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 cups curry sauce*
- 2 tsp. sea salt or more according to your taste preference
* I used store bought curry sauce, but feel free to make your own homemade sauce.
- Combine the quinoa and water in a large pot and bring it to a boil. After it is boiling, bring the heat down to medium and let it cook for 20 minutes until al of the water is absorbed.
- While the quinoa is cooking, add the coconut oil to a large skillet and let it heat up for a minute. Add in kale in and mix it around until it is covered in the oil and starts to wilt.
- Add in the curry sauce and chickpeas and stir until is all covered in the sauce. Let it cook for 2 minutes or until everything is warmed.
- Add the kale, chickpea, and sauce mixture to the cooked quinoa, add in sea salt, and mix everything together.
This recipe was delicious and may inspire me to take some online classes to learn to cook similar recipes.