Power Outage

by Jillian on September 8, 2011 · 5 comments

This morning was the weirdest morning ever, hands down. I can look at it two ways. Good and bad came out of it. Let’s review, k? Some of the pictures are recycled because darkness isn’t really condusive for picture taking.


I slept like shit. I don’t know why I couldn’t fall asleep or why Joe put on this movie called “Devil” and then fell asleep and left me unable to goto sleep until I saw the ending. It involved an elevator which super creeped me out because yesterday I almost got stuck in one.


My power went out around midnight and scared the poop out of me. Meanwhile I was still scared from the movie and refused to get up to pee even though I was about to explode.

It wasn’t back on at 4:45 but my gym had power so I decided to still go.

Although we all think the Vitamix is God, it does not work without electricity. No smoothie was consumed this morning. It was too dark for pictures anyway.

 The food in my refrigerator was already starting to get warm. God help me…

I went to work with wet hair. I look like a drowned rat.

My tire pressure light in my car is on. I just straight up don’t have time for that.

I wore rain boots because it rained for three days straight. It stopped raining on my way to work, so I will walk around all day on the dry ground with rainboots.


I was about to skip the gym because of the power outage, but I’m so glad I didn’t. I went to the second boot camp demo at 5AM. It was even better than Tuesday. The instructor changed it up and incorporated some more exercises. Pushups, squat jumps, chest press, “debbie dips” (weird name, glutes and hammies exercise), and many others. Then, I ran 3 miles. I. felt. awesome.

I got to use my new lifting gloves. Considering I was almost the only one in the class on Tuesday without them, I figured it was time to knock them off my “to buy” list. Best decision ever. $9.99 at City Sports, can’t beat that.

Because we had no power, I was forced to leave for work on time. I mean, blow drying my hair alone takes 20 minutes.

There was no traffic. I don’t know what’s going on but I hope it keeps up.

Because I was early I stopped to get breakfast, which worked out because I was unable to make a smoothie. I treated myself to a bangin’ egg white, veggie, feta whole wheat bagel sandwich and a coffee with soy milk. I inhaled it.

It is associate appreciation week at work and they were giving out Larabars at the door this morning. SCORE.

I also finalized a very important decision. Details to come in the near future. :)

Good morning, everyone!

{ 4 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Marilyn September 8, 2011 at 10:14 am

I hope the rest of your day is much bettervthan the beginning!


2 Lauren September 8, 2011 at 12:26 pm

Sorry to hear about the lousy day but here is hoping that it gets much much better!! I can’t wait to hear your news!


3 Amy September 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm

Hehe, your tire pressure gauge light looks like someone throwing their arms up in the air. I’m sure that’s how you felt =P


4 Shanna, like Banana September 8, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Ahh, but you have faboosh rainboots to wear, so that’s a major WIN!

Let’s hope tomorrow is better ;)


Leave a Comment

{ 1 trackback }

Previous post:

Next post: