This morning was very difficult waking up. It was dark and cold, which means fall is right around the corner. But for some reason, some of my best workouts come out of unmotivated mornings.
I knew I didn’t have a lot of time, so I opted for an upper body strength training and cardio mix up.
- Abs: barbell side bends, barbell trunk bends, hanging leg raises
- 1 mile run*
- Shoulders: Military presses, side lateral raises, front raises
- Back: Lat pull downs, rows
- Chest: Seated flys
- 1 mile run*
- Biceps: Preacher bicep curls
- Triceps: Standing (pull down) tricep extensions
- 1 mile run*
*20 seconds at 8.0, 40 seconds at 6.5
I did my best and referred to this site again to note my exercises.
Did you ever try out a recipe you thought would taste awesome and it turns out the complete opposite? I’m sure everyone has. I tend to try new smoothie combinations a lot since I drink so many. This morning’s smoothie was a bust. I didn’t want to waste it because I used SunWarrior, chia seeds, flax meal, and even an Adora disk! Somehow, the taste was just off. I grabbed the PB&Co white chocolate wonderful peanut butter and spooned PB with each bite. It wasn’t terrible, it just was not what I had hoped and it’s not worth giving you the recipe.
Instead, I’ll show you last night’s dinner! Joe brought home steaks this weekend from the restaurant. He thought they might lose power from the hurricane so he figured they might have gone bad anyway. We cooked them Saturday and the rest on Sunday. There was a small piece left so I heated it up in a pan with some butternut squash, salt, pepper, and paprika. I don’t usually eat as much red meat as the last 3 days, but I hate to waste!
I also tried out a sample of Near East rosemary and olive oil quinoa & brown rice blend. I received it in my HLS swag bag and this was the perfect time to try it out. I highly recommend. Plus, there was extra for my lunches this week.
I made a plate, topped the squash with some earth balance, and ate while trying to finish setting up my portable hard drive to work with both a Mac and PC. Thanks to Ashley who came to my help when I posted my question on twitter.
Dessert? Amazing chocolates that Shanna brought me when we stayed together at HLS!
Now, three random things:
- Does anyone know anything about color enhancement on my PC laptop? I feel like the colors are extremely off from the monitor on my desktop.
- Download Beirut – Santa Fe. It has been stuck in my head for days.
- If you stop getting your sweet 15 free drink cards from Starbucks, blame it on me. I just got a $6.64 drink for free. Triple grande hot skinny soy caramel macchiato. BAM!