Work has sufficiently affected my blogging the last few days and caused me to take a short intermission. My workouts however, have not suffered!
It ended up looking like this, pink being the cooldown:
Monday night I psyched myself up for a long run on Tuesday morning. I really wanted to complete a full run with no intervals, just a straight shot. I was feeling really good about it, especially after having such a rough running week last week!
I started running at 6.5 not knowing where I’d end up, but I decided to revert to my 4-3-2-1 workout. I completed the following 10 minute interval 6 times and finished about 7 miles in 60 minutes (8:35 average pace).
- 4 minutes @ 6.5
- 3 minutes @ 7.0
- 2 minutes @ 7.5
- 1 minute @ 8.0
Tuesday night, Joe and I had a rehearsal dinner (for the wedding this Friday) so we didn’t get home until 11:00. Needless to say I was exhausted this morning but I still got up to fit in an upper body workout and 25 minutes on the elliptical.
When I arrived home last night, two packages had arrived.
1. My Toms, which I wish I knew needed to be ordered a half size smaller. Off they go for exchange, $10.00 later. Ugh!
2. Netrition. Joe needed some ready to drink protein shakes and I wanted to try out About Time birthday cake protein powder.
This morning, I made this:
- 8 ice cubes
- 1/2 frozen banana for creaminess
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop About Time birthday cake protein powder
- 1 large handful spinach
- 2 tbsp. Hershey’s dark cocoa powder
Yep… chocolate birthday cake smoothie success.
I took it to go as usual.
I can’t wait to try so many other combinations with this stuff. Especially with sprinkles! What’s birthday cake without sprinkles?